Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

my child is 3 and half and has strep throat . I read an article

my child is 3 and half and has strep throat . I read an article a couple of months ago in parent magazine about p.a.n.d.a. in children. I can't recall everything but after seeing my sons behavior the past 2 days I can't get it out of my head. I know this is a fairly new diagnosis. I know it comes about after the virus. Can you please explain this to me? thank you

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this problem.

Bill :

What you are referring to is :

Bill :

Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infection

Bill :

The term is used to describe a subset of children and adolescents who have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and/or tic disorders, and in whom symptoms worsen following strep. infections such as "Strep throat" and Scarlet Fever.

Bill :

Complete information on this condition is here:

Bill :

Should you have questions I can help with, please ask or if it pertains if there is an acute situation,

Bill :

contact your Child's Pediatrician

Bill :

Otherwise, I trust that this has helped

Bill :

PLEASE LEAVE POSITIVE RATING

Bill :

Thanks

Bill :

Bill

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you my son displays the temper tantrums and mood swings but nothing else I will consult with my pedi.
Cindy- Very good.... I am glad that I could help with this information.

Bill

PLEASE LEAVE POSITIVE RATING SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME.

Thanks and My best to you and your Son.

Bill