Tony, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  UK trained Mental Health Nurse. Experience in acute care, Rehabilitation and Drug & alcohol treatments.

Some one Dear has mental issues, he refused to see a Mental

Some one Dear has mental issues, he refused to see a Mental Dr., I don't know what to do,he belied people are after him he said he want a gun , he do not have one, but he want to defend himself ,I don;t no if he has schizophrenia or Mental disorder paranoid, I don't want the police evolved because they will only put him in jail, he need medical attention is any agency that I can coll ? please provide me a number and the egency name hire in Ventura Cauty

Tony :

Hiya, My name isXXXXX a Mental Health Nurse. May I answer your question for you?

I re guested a Dr. not a nurse

are you thear?

yes no wane is tooking to me

Tony :

Hiya, I think there is an issue with the chat platform so I will post a response for you here.

If your friend is suffering from a Mental illness the police would legally have to take him to be assessed by a psychiatrist, they cannot just put him in jail.

If the Psychiatrist considered your friend to be suffering from a Mental Illness he would then be admitted to a Psychiatric unit for treatment under the Mental Health Act. This would be compulsory treatment and he would be discharged once the Doctors felt he was not a risk to himself of other people.

The average length of stay in an acute Psychiatric unit would be somewhere around 2 and 8 weeks depending on how fast they respond to treatment.

Your other option would be to call *866)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
This is the Mental Health crisis line for your area and they would be able to provide information for services in your local area.

If you need any more support please feel free to ask before accepting for rating my response.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
never revived an answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
no one answer my question
If there is any further information you require please feel free to ask here,

Thank you for your question.