Dr_Anderson
Dr_Anderson, Doctor
Experience:  Psychiatrist
66203730

For Dr Eric Andersen

Ju29-Dr Eric Andersen Only

Q1 Can one have passing JOINT PAINS as withdrawal symptoms. knee pain, wrist pain.... one

Q2 Plse confirm ALL these symptoms ARE also from Lorazapem withdrawal. They have started since I have withdrawing from meds.

I need your confirmation that these are withdrawal symptoms because I have some negative thinking that is interfering with the withdrawal I will explain that issue in full in separate email for your guidance to overcome my fears and bad thoughts. I think you will be the BEST at this - since your past help has been invaluable CURRENT SYMPTOMS: anxiety, shaking,EXTREME thirsty, sensitive to light and heat, negative thing, fear of being alone, hyperactive for an hour, seeing blue spots when close eyes for few sec rapid eye blink, chills, then feeling warm , tiried, dizzy after rising, passing pressure in arm, hand swelling, neck pain, fleeting wrist pain, fleeting muscle aches.

Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you
Greetings!

Sorry for the delay, we've had a little adventure with big storms that swept through the Northeast!

(1) Joint pain is a common withdrawal symptom for pain pills, such as Percocet, but not typical for benzodiazepines like Ativan. HOWEVER, given that a person can have "achiness" as an Ativan withdrawal, it seems to me plausible to have joint pains as a withdrawal symptom. Recall, though, that we had that sinus thing going on, so it is possible your joint aches could be due to a viral syndrome. Over-the-counter medications ought to help. If the joint aches persist over the next few days, I'd let you doctor know about it.

(2) OK, let's look at each of the symptoms you listed. The following can definitely occur as a withdrawal symptom: anxiety, shaking, sensitive to light and heat, negative thinking, fear of being alone, hyperactive for an hour, seeing blue spots when close eyes for few sec rapid eye blink, tired, and dizzy after rising.

The following are not usually seen in withdrawal but can occur: EXTREME thirsty, chills, then feeling warm, and fleeting muscle aches.

The following are not likely due to withdrawal: hand swelling,neck pain, fleeting wrist pain, and passing pressure in arm. These sound more rheumatological than Ativan withdrawal, but they could also be due to a viral infection with ensuing diffuse aches and pains.

Hope this helps to clarify your symptoms better for you! This is an incredibly miserable state to be in - but it WILL pass! Hang in there. I know, I say that every time, but I mean it - if you hang in there like you have, you will most definitely come out on top.

Happy to be of service!

Regards,

Dr. Anderson
Dr_Anderson, Doctor
Experience: Psychiatrist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Passing joint pain symptoms came 4 days after sinus congestion.

1.Can you tell me if the symptoms can be a result of Lyme disease? Have no history of athritis and on a daily basis fluctuate btwn chills and feeling warm at least 8 times a day.

It is possible for it to be Lyme, yes. Arthralgias and myalgias, along with fatigue, are common symptoms of Lyme. Best thing to do is get a Lyme test from your doctor to rule it out. Lyme disease is quite treatable with antibiotics. Another thing to check is an ESR, which is a marker of inflammation.