Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.

ASK SUZANNE, I am so angry today. (I dont even know why.)

ASK SUZANNE, I am so angry today. (I don't even know why.) Anthony and I had a good talk last night. Best sit down talk we had in a while. I really feel like things between us are going to improve. I feel like he understands things better now. I had an appt with psychologist yesterday and he gave me some ideas for talking to Anthony that I applied. Just today, I feel so pissed off and frustrated, not at Anthony, just in general today, i feel very pissed off and angry. Any ideas for how I can get through the day without being so upset? Thanks, Jen
It's so uncomfortable when our feelings seem to rise up out of nowhere. First, check for physical causes...sometimes eating sweets before bedtime makes a person wake up in low blood sugar, which in turn makes a person irritable. If there's any chance that this set off the bad mood, make sure to eat a good amount of protein today.

Can you get to the gym after work to get some of this anger out? If they have a punching bag, that would be ideal, but if not, lift the heaviest weights that you can. Getting physically exhausted works out any aggression and the exercise raises the mood chemicals in your body.

If neither of these works, sit down with a piece of paper and write out the question " why am I so angry today?" Sometimes it really works well to write the questions with your dominant hand, and the answers in the hand you usually don't write with. You may be surprised at what bubbles up.

See if there's a way you can get together with a girlfriend this evening, so you can be away from your husband while you're feeling angry. it would be a way to avoid wrecking the good conversation you two had yesterday.