Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Dear Dr. Keane, can we chat please?Its about something

Dear Dr. Keane, can we chat please? There are some things I'd like to talk about with you about something you asked once. I'd like to chat and check my answer with you please. I hope that you decide to check into JA today.

Dr.Keane :

oops, I did but missed you, sorry. I'll check in the AM.

Hi, thanks.

I hope that we can catch each other.

I understand and agree that each experience good and bad shapes the future and are a learning experience. I agree that sometimes I do focus on the negatives, not intentionally so as such, just at certain times. I also sometimes find myself questioning what I do. I mean I know that what I do is right, I'm not explaining very well but sometimes I question myself whether I should really be doing the work I do and to be in such responsible positions because I think of all the negatives of the past, of people's negative criticisms and comments and this is despite the fact that I know that I should be doing what I am doing and in such positions because I do it well. I think the negatives sometimes bring about self-doubts at times. I would also like to say at this point that at times I do think of the positives, of what I do and have done and the difference I have made to some of the things I'm involved in. I will try to use the "Stop" technique. I used to use that technique before you taught me more about self-talk, think I let it fall by the way side a bit, although I do try to use it at times I maybe need to work on using it more. I also want to ask a bit more about self-talk and anxiety and also looking forwards but I need to go out to work. BTW did I answer your questions alright and adequately enough? I hope you had a good weekend. I am hoping to be back here at around my usual sort of time to chat. I won't be able to be here PM as I have a meeting then which may be a long one.

If we end up not chatting today I'd like to know your thoughts anyway and then I hope that one day we will be able to chat again some time. How's your book going by the way? I have heard of another book which might be of interest to you that someone was telling me about. I was convinced I'd remember but I don't now but I'll find out for you when I see the person again who told me about it in a week's time. I also want you to know that next week my schedule isn't quite so busy as it is this week so hopefully some time we'll be able to chat at somepoint. I'm sure yours will remain busy but I just thought I'd let you know that.

Thank you too for still keeping to your word and still being here and responding to me.

BTW I'm still remembering to let you know when I hear anything about Torchwood.

You are probably busy and I have a meeting to go to. I hope your day is a good one and hope we'll catch up again.

I would also like to say that I do think that the self-talk technique is helping though. Just realised hadn't said that earlier in the post.