TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Locked SV AR

Kate help please.
Hello, what is going on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just wanted to carry on from last thread ok?
That's fine! Sounds good.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Why is it that i think people are still looking at me and i still do nervous ticks?

If you have verbal tics, then people probably look because the noise attracts their attention. They may also need a few moments to understand what they heard. If you have physical tics (movements), then again they may be caught by surprise and just need time to figure out the situation.

.

Tics can be caused by stress and lack of sleep. Medication can help, especially the medications used for ADHD. Scientists are unsure of what causes tics, but it is known that you can suppress them for a short time, but the urge will build and create the need to move or voice yourself again.

.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry i mean you misunderstood i have tics which are my facial expressions and my lips that i can't control which is because am nervous or anxious before worser but better now is it because i have am nervous or anxious still and is it because i still think people are looking at me did you mean this question?

Yes, it is probably because you are feeling nervous or anxious. Tics can be caused by stress, and now that you have had them, you are probably more focused on them than ever before. It can help to practice relaxation techniques so you can combat the nervousness next time you are with others.

.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am better now but still need to do less tics what do you recommend now since am better than before?

Relaxing as much as possible will help. The more you practice keeping yourself calm, the more you will be able to relax anytime you need to, helping to reduce your tics and anxiety in general. Here are two sites to help you:

.

http://www.guidetopsychology.com/pmr.htm

.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6778644_stop-nervous-tics.html

.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
and I figured out now mostly that people or nearly that no one is laughing about me, they could be laughing at me because of any reason from talking to a friend then i suddenly see them they had a happy smile talked with there friend, also i figured out that in one shop a person giggled i said in a funny way was just what i just did funny he said yes it made me giggle, then i asked him in a funny way the same way but asking what was funny about it he said if you didn't find it funny you wouldn't have found it funny, he question I asked was is this pc case used or second hand he thought it made him giggle after i said the pc case was second hand it was a customer in a small shop just one of them. Found out in the end looking in a Chinese dictionary the word giggle that yes he was finding me funny like a comedian, my Mum says she says yes that's great you can be one I said well I would rather be a movie director and movie script writer she said good as well people will enjoy or love the movies since their funny.

I can understand your concern. But if people are laughing, it could be for many reasons. It could be that they are uncomfortable, feel shy, think what you said was funny, but not you, or they could be insecure and laugh at others to feel better. Your best bet is to ignore it or laugh along. That usually deals with any reason they could be laughing.

.

Kate

.

I think we need a new thread :)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry not yet because my account has got suspended for no reason maybe an email generally to every user so need to sort that out then i will start a new thread is that ok?
Ok. When you can rate this question and open a new one, let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I meant also that i want to carry on here ok because i really need help from you after getting angry and stressed with my mum please?

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult time with your mother. You can let me know what happened, but JA rules prevent me from providing more than one answer per thread. Try contacting the moderators to see if you can work out your account and let me know.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your help anyway will try and sort it out.

Ok, let me know when you get it all sorted.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a new account with justanswer just to let you know mangawill2 for difficulties i had with using this account so that you know it's me.

Ok, thanks for letting me know, Marvin! I'll look for your new post.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What does Marvin mean?

Sorry about that! I had a customer change an account and got them mixed up. My apologies!

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No problem everyone makes mistakes.
Thanks! I appreciate it. See you on the new thread :)