TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Now my mum easily gets angry and stressed than before so i

Now my mum easily gets angry and stressed than before so i have no one to talk to since my psychiatrist is busy don't have much time to talk to her on the phone and the appointments are 30 minutes only. I can't even talk to it to even my Mum because she's had enough of it even just now in the kitchen she says don't ask me anything or say anything am really stressed, tried, fedup and annoyed really pressurized now. All I was asking for was i doing something right?

It was just fine to try to talk with your mom. But she may not be able to cope right now because of the stress of running the home and dealing with caring for so many people. If your father does not help, then it is all on her. She probably feels overwhelmed and may not have a place to go to relax or talk out her feelings. But your actions are fine. You are not meaning her any harm when you do try to talk with her. And she sounds like she tries to help when she can.

.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the thing is that i've been told my whole life what to do and not do and if i disrespect them i don't know if i should listen to them or not since i've had paranoid schizophrenia and OCD my whole life now i have to reassure myself and learn from start since i've never been normal and when i am right and there's no evidence or not enough evidence they say your wrong am right should listen to me my mum says and dad and sisters. Am not saying she is totally wrong since she can guide me but most of the time simple things i can't make decisions on should i do this or not am i right am just confused because i've never been normal until took new medications around February had a big improvement on it to now so simple things have to ask or talk about she gets fedup, angry, stressed, tried and pressurized now more easier.

Your mom probably felt that the schizophrenia meant that you needed guidance and told what to do. Sometimes, parents feel the need to protect. And when their child is diagnosed with something like Schizophrenia, which they may not understand, they handle their feelings by making rules and being overprotective. But parents can take on the responsibility without understanding the stress they are under. Your mom may feel that everything is too much and she must have the answers to everything. That can make her angry and stressed.

.

If you can, try to approach her only with things you cannot work out yourself. See if you can help her here and there, and try to talk to her about things other than your diagnosis. That may help.

.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
And I feel i don't know how to live my life sometimes and the my family never listened to me my whole life that makes me even annoyed, upset and angry even replacing the computer table she didn't listen to then something happened i knew it now it's too late. It's like am born again like a baby

It makes sense that you would feel upset. No adult wants to be treated like their opinion doesn't matter.

.

You may want to try to make some decisions on your own outside of your home. Or take the initiative to do something on your own before your mother knows about it. Fix something, do a chore on your own, etc. It will raise your self esteem and let your mother know you are capable of more.

.

Kate

.

Ready for a new thread?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you want me to accept your answer?
That would be great, thank you!