Alicia_MSW
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in mental health counseling
65143460

Why is it someone cant get to sleep for just one day even

Customer Question

Why is it someone can't get to sleep for just one day even if they go to sleep early like the other day went to sleep around 11 usually or mostly get to sleep early than the other day but the other day 11PM to nearly 1AM got to sleep and is this unusual?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I'm Alicia, thanks for your question. I'm happy to help you today.

Everyone has trouble falling asleep from time to time, so it's not so incredibly unusual if you have this problem every now and then. There are a lot of reasons why you might be having trouble getting to sleep on one particular day, even if you normally keep to the same sleep schedule on other days. You might have had an increased level of stress on the day you had trouble falling asleep, you might have taken in too much of a stimulating substance (like caffeine or nicotine) too close to bedtime, you could have a lot on your mind (worries, etc) or it can also happen due to certain physical or mental disorders (like depression, anxiety, certain physical illnesses - although in this case, you would probably experience more than just one day of trouble falling asleep). If you had too much mental stimulation too close to bedtime (watching a scary movie, reading a book that you were very involved in, etc) then that can also play a role.
You might find this information helpful:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003210.htm
and
http://www.helpguide.org/life/sleep_tips.htm

If you continue to have trouble falling asleep, then I would suggest you discuss it with your doctor. But if it's just happened once or twice, then it's nothing to worry about. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need additional assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I was excited the night before that other day because I thought of getting a higher speed internet connection and better phone deal with the same company or business and saving some money. It doesn't always happen most of the time i get to sleep well or properly with my medications before but now can get to sleep naturally rather than relying on medications.
Yes, then it does make sense that you might have simply had difficulty sleeping because you were thinking about the internet issue. It doesn't always have to be the case that there's a major problem - even seemingly "small" issues can occupy your mind before you go to sleep and prevent you from falling asleep as you normally do. If the problem resolves itself and you don't have any trouble falling asleep tonight or over the next few days, then it's probably nothing to worry about. Please let me know if I can help further with this issue. Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will give you the results in the next few days thank you.
No problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was told by support that I should continue this question they said I can continue working with the same Expert in the same conversation string and post any related follow-up questions. Rather than me asking the same similar questions or the same ones.
Hello again,

Yes, that is the case - and even if you accept an answer, you can still continue to post follow-up questions here and I will continue to help you. So either way, you can let me know how it goes when and if you want to talk some more about it. I hope you get some rest. Best wishes.
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience: Specializing in mental health counseling
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a new account with justanswer just to let you know mangawill2 for difficulties i had with using this account so that you know it's me.
Ok - no problem. I'll keep it in mind, and thanks for letting me know. Hope you are well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes am alright.