Ask Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC Your Own ...

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Why did I have paranoid schizophrenia my psychiatrist said

Customer Question

Why did I have paranoid schizophrenia my psychiatrist said unbalance of chemicals but their must be a reason how i got it and got more and more paranoid even though i found out the answer now between my Mum and me that recently people are only finding my funny or laughing at me because i've been gifted to be a comedian that's why people find me funny? If it was that simple how come i didn't find it out earlier? Because all my life people find me funny because even the way I talk, do stuff and on my facial expressions they find it funny?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 2 years ago.
Be right back.Sorry!

Thanks. Sorry about that. Technical issue.

.

As far as the experts can tell, Schizophrenia is caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. That is why medications work better than therapy, though therapy does help the person cope with the symptoms. At this point, as far as I know, the research continues to try to find an answer as to the cause and for a cure. There is no other known cause of Schizophrenia. There are no environmental factors or emotional causes, though a family history of the disorder may contribute.

.

It could be that others laugh because you are funny. Sometimes people find that it is amusing when someone has a talent that they do not have or can speak in a different way. I truly hope they are not intending to hurt your feelings, which would be very mean spirited.

.

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem not your fault your just trying to help me your a nice lady.

Well not sure if I told you this but when i asked the shop owner is this cd/dvd case reused second-hand that customer laughed about the second-hand bit then I explained to the shop owner he said no it's new i said but you have a container that sells some second-hand stuff he said but that's there not where you got it from. Then I replied back in a funny way laughing a bit to not sound weird or have some kind of problem did you find that funny just now he said yeah it made me giggle I laughed again in a funny way thinking the same about myself to communicate with him before i said why was it funny he said if you didn't find it funny you wouldn't have then my Mum looked at the word in the dictionary in Chinese the meaning of giggle said see your even more funny than that Chinese comedian isn't that great i said maybe god gave me the gift of being a funny person/comedian, but she said i can be a comedian but I said I want to make movies and write scripts rather that are funny movies. My psychiatrist said that's good and my mum which i said to the psychiatrist today on the phone i said my mum said your be attracted to a lot of females because they will be happy having a boyfriend or husband like that my psychiatrist laughed and said that's a really good thing?

My psychiatrist said most people are alright they won't laugh at me spitefully.

Thank you! It was kind of you to say that about me.

It sounds like the shop owner was just be light hearted with what you asked. It could be that you do have a gift and it's just how you say things that makes you funny. That is a trait of a good comedian.

And I can understand your psychiatrists laughter. He was just laughing at what your mom said which is kind of cute in a way. But if you feel your calling is to write scripts then you may be able to use your gift to add to what you do for a living.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I meant the customer was giggling now the shop owner did you know?

My psychiatrist is a female did you know also?
Sorry about that. My misunderstanding.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem just be more careful and take care of your health so you feel well and help other people and just learn from your mistake that's all not trying to be rude just trying to help you out.
Ok, thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here