Louise Brady
Louise Brady, Registered Nurse
Experience:  Registered Mental Health Nurse
30347889

Hum if you are getting neuropsychological testing done can

Hum if you are getting neuropsychological testing done can the person admineresting the test admit you to the psych floor of a hospital if they feel it is necessary? I am 23 years old.
Hello, I am a qualified Mental Health Nurse and would be happy to help with your question.

Admission to hospital for assessment or treatment under the Mental Health act is only used as a last resort for individuals that are acutely unwell. Risk is a key factor in assessing suitability for detention, for example if an individual is posing a large risk to either themselves or others and is displaying acute symptoms of mental illness then an application for treatment under the Mental Health act may be made.
The least restrictive course of treatment is always preferred and the decision to detain an individual is not made by just one professional.