TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Paranoid schizophrenia why did I not notice it when i was 7

Paranoid schizophrenia why did I not notice it when i was 7 because my mum said you should have said something about it even though you was young and you had some common sense or don't feel well should say?

Let's address the previous open question first before opening a new one. You need to close out the other question first then we can work on this one, ok?

Kate

There is no way you would have been able to know that something was wrong and that you were having symptoms at age 7. Children at that age have to rely on their parents to notice those kinds of things because they do not have the experience or knowledge to understand that something is wrong. So this cannot be blamed on you for not knowing that you might have needed help.

.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But it's not my parents fault their Asian and there English wasn't very good when I was born to age of 7 and over?

That means the services I received for my health wasn't very good since i phoned up the health services this on Friday this week they said they've had their extra health services for over 10 years so why didn't they notice it when I was 7 and over not 20 years later and if it wasn't for my dad i would have been in a mental hospital by 20 to now and would never have come out?

My dad said this isn't getting anywhere getting therapy from a doctors place and counselling somewhere else then he referred me to the psychiatrist 20 years later.

I understand that you feel it is not your parents fault. But blaming you for not noticing at age 7 something was wrong is not helpful either.

.

I'm not sure why the mental health services didn't pick up that something was wrong with you at age 7. It could have been poor care, the lack of a diagnosis at that time for children, or many other factors. The most important thing is that you get the care you feel you need now.

.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't even complain about my paranoid schizophrenia and OCD to the health services since the local one said they don't deal with mental health issues and illnesses for quite a while now i think a few months to a year or more, more as in a few years asking about if they had that leaflet i picked up in the pharmacy recently and been over 1 year can't complian that's a load of rubbish all these years of suffering and family not understanding me and losing online friends because of those illnesses with communication skills and typing online and repeating myself.

I am sorry that you can't get good care where you are right now. There are choices on line and many therapists will now do on line sessions. But you would still need to get your medications with your doctor. It is frustrating when you want to get help and cannot find a good place to get it. But I encourage you to keep trying. Reaching out is going to help you.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Last question then i will accept and give u a great service feedback face.

Is this website or service any good because I think they only deal with CBT I need help with my paranoid schizophrenia and OCD which they weren't really helpful with OCD then?: http://www.online-therapy.com/

I took a look at the site. It seems to be good for some basic therapy. CBT is a good technique that helps you with changing your thinking pattern. It is supposed to work within a certain number of sessions, making it easier for you to get what you need more quickly. It would be very helpful with the OCD, maybe not as much with Schizophrenia since medication is the best treatment option with that diagnosis, but still worth trying. What you need to get from it is coping skills that allow you to address your symptoms in a better way. And it sounds like this site might be helpful.

.

Kate