TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Thanks Kate, That puts it a bit in perspective. I cant

Thanks Kate, That puts it a bit in perspective.

I can't help but be disappointed in her response to me with respect to the eating as well as her being so distractive during our time. And it doesn't help that she is always about 10 minutes late every time I come. I should just come 10 minutes later on Tuesday. It would be better than sitting in the waiting room.

I feel so sad and disappointed that this happened. Plus, I don't think she really realized how her behavior effected me. What she says and does, always has some effect on me. It's like she wrecked my weekend and that makes me angry at her. But of course what I do with my weekend and how I handlle it, is my decision. But sometimes it is just really difficult to get out of a depressive state to begin with only to be beaten down.

Thanks for the religious reminder. I am trying to become even more involed in my church than I am. I think if I can at least feel more spiritual it may bring me some peace.

By the way, I think part of the not eating problem is the same as the stealing. I feel I have power with both. I feel I am in control. Too many times I was the victim and had no control at all. With both of these, I do what I want, when I want. I realize how illogical this is but this is how my thought pattern is going.

Thanks again Kate. You are so dependable. You are always around when I need you the most.

Kathy

Kathy,

You're welcome! I am glad I can be here for you.

I can understand your disappointment with therapy. It is hard to deal with someone when they do not respect your time and are distracted when they see you. You want to be the total focus. The temptation to do the same thing back and be late for your sessions is normal. But try to be yourself in this situation and respond in a way that reflects the person you are. By giving in to your hurt over this, it can easily become about your pain rather than what you really need in therapy. I encourage you to talk with your therapist again about this and let her know how this hurts you. I know you have tried this before, but maybe this time things will change.

Not eating can be a way to try to control your life. By recognizing that, you can help yourself overcome the problem. Not eating may feel like you are in control, but it also only hurts you. And it can only go so far before you lose control. Try to work on some of your OCD symptoms and see if you can try to eat something this weekend. If not, it might be a good idea for you to talk with your doctor as soon as you can so you don't end up endangering your health.

Kate