Dr_Anderson, Doctor
Experience:  Psychiatrist

hello docs, Ive been prescribed klonopin 1mg-1.5mg daily

hello docs,

I've been prescribed klonopin 1mg-1.5mg daily for anxiety disorder. I began taking the medication and for the first 2 months my anxiety levels were very good and I felt fine. However, after a while the anxiety came back and I had to raise the dosage. I'm on my third week of an SSRI (just began 75 percent of the beginning therapeautic dose which is 20mg of vilazidone). I'm beginning to feel less anxious now most days. Could it be that the SSRI is beginning to work? I've heard it takes longer to show positive effects like 4-6 weeks. Also, I've been still taking the klonopin during this time. thanks.

Dr_Anderson :

Greetings, and welcome back! While it is true that we wait until 4-6 weeks to see if the medication is working, some patients note a positive change as early as 2 weeks. For others, it doesn't do much until 8 or more weeks. So, yes, it is quite possible the Viibryd is beginning to take effect for you. Why is it the Viibryd and not the Klonopin helping? Because the Klonopin hasn't changed much on the dose, and even with it present your anxiety still came back/broke through.

Dr_Anderson :

Hope this helps! Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Dr_Anderson :

Dr_Anderson :

Dr. Anderson