TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Kate My psychiatrist said I can fully recover and get cured

Kate My psychiatrist said I can fully recover and get cured from my therapy am getting from the psychologist she said as long as I can cope with stress and find ways to handle it there won't be problems I will be like a normal person but like she said when I gave me my point anyone can get ill even if they had no illness or mental illness of some sort she agreed. Is that true for my paranoid schizophrenia and OCD what she said about me for the future?

It depends on the reasons your psychiatrist is saying this to you. She may have specific reasons to believe that you are ok. But without seeing you face to face for an evaluation, there is no way for me to know all of your symptoms, your history and treatment which is important information to predict how you might do in the future. However, it may be more helpful to you to ask your doctor why she believes that you can fully recover. She can better explain it and give you the reasons why she feels this is true.

You are right, anyone can have mental health issues, even with no history. It all depends on the stresses, family history and other factors. People are not predictable and things can happen. But with the right support and treatment, most people can be helped.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry last question do you mean my Doctor as in psychiatrist?
Yes, your psychiatrist.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Why is it i couldn't even do something simple when i was 7 didn't know i had a mental illness and ocd couldn't even know that i had problems from when i was born but even after 7 years of age I still didn't know I had a mental illness and OCD during teenage times their were noticeable symptoms then and before?

Schizophrenia is usually not diagnosed until late teens or early 20. And you may have not had adequate access to services as a child or poor care that resulted in a missed diagnosis for the OCD, which can be diagnosed in children.

.

I hope this has answered both of your questions.

.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it the same for Schizophrenia that i wouldn't had the adequate access to services as a child or poor care that resulted in a missed diagnosis and which can be diagnosed in children.

Schizophrenia is only now being diagnosed in children. It probably was not when you were young. And even now, it is not that common.

.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry what do you mean?

You could not have been diagnosed as a child with Schizophrenia since it was not a diagnosis back then.

.

I hope this has answered your original and new question. You may need to close this thread and start a new one if you have further questions.

.

Kate