TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Just giving you my last history so you can tell me the truth

Customer Question

Just giving you my last history so you can tell me the truth and more help and answers and advise please thank you the last person helped me was Dr Rossi which I found her helpful unfortunately she couldn't continue basically not for any rude reason here's the information to the last expert Dr Rossi and before: http://www.justanswer.com/mental-health/6ry7p-ask-help-dr-rossi-kate-mccoy.html
http://www.justanswer.com/health/6rw5p-want-become-movie-director.html

Forget about the Zoxpro bit and Chi Gong here just the rest: http://www.justanswer.com/health/6rrc2-last-time-therapy-sorry-mate-showed.html

From all this information what do you think about this question?:

Also the mental illness I have paranoid schizophrenia and OCD did it stop me from learning since mostly my memory was poor and I couldn't focus or concentrate properly and English was poor didn't read books because didn't like to don't know why now I do since the last few years found some extra support online to help my english but all my life i was unmotivated with anything even reading books, my whole family mostly Mum and 2 sisters said i don't want to learn and lazy or unmotivated but they said lazy when my big sister taught me maths i got stressed out or angry because i couldn't understand it and take in the information before i was 11 years old, so a child i needed extra support in even first year of secondary school and near the end of primary school. They said am lazy for everything all my life making up excuses even though I told them am ill to now.

In life during a teenager i always got angry after secondary school after being bullied and punching, kicking the walls and shouting my other sister said why do you always take your stress out at home and don't deal with it then always doing it everyday if you don't like the school leave it but later i was kind of alright didn't understand how to defend myself couldn't think properly that I should have dealt with them i think and scared of people.

Does that mean I have paranoid schizophrenia and OCD since I was born?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 4 years ago.

Ok, I took a look at your old questions. How can I help you?

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you check all the last stuff I sent you everything including the links and questions actually last asked here for you?

Yes, I read as much as I could. But there is a lot of information there so I am not sure what part you need my help with?

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It could be a possibility, but most likely not. Schizophrenia is found in a wide variety of people with different intellectual abilities. And although the diagnosis of childhood onset schizophrenia is becoming more common, the symptoms do not include difficultly with intellectual functioning.

Most likely, you had other things going on that created your distraction from learning. One way to find out is to have an evaluation by an educational psychologist. These are psychologists that specialize in educational testing to find out your ability to learn and your I.Q. You can ask your doctor for a referral. Or you can inquire about one on this site: http://www.aep.org.uk/.
That might give you the answers you are looking for.

I hope this helped,
Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What about asking my psychologist for an educational testing or do I have to ask my psychiatrist?
You can ask either one for a referral.