Dr_Anderson, Doctor
Experience:  Psychiatrist

I am 80 years old and years ago experienced deep depression.

I am 80 years old and years ago experienced deep depression. The only thing that helped was valium and I never got hooked on it, but what a blessing it was. I have now moved to a retirement home away from my previous home away from my friends etc. And am returning to my previously mentioned depressed state. Is there any way I can order Valium now. I don't have a doctor here who knows me and don't know which way to turn to.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr_Anderson replied 4 years ago.

Dr_Anderson : Greetings, and thsnk you for your question. I am sorry to hear that the depression and anxiety have befallen you again, especially in the face of so many changes! While it certainly is possible to get a prescription for Valium (generic name, diazepam) or medicatiobns like it, they are controlled substances and require a doctor, nurse practitioner, or PA prescription to get the medication. While it may be possible to order the medication online, unless the site requires a valid prescription I would be suspicious of the quality of the medication you purchase.
Dr_Anderson : Thus, perhaps the best thing to do would be to get an appointment with a doctor so you can get the prescription. This will also be helpful for many other reasons. For example, if the Valium does not work, that person can try something else. If the symptoms gets worse, that person can evaluate you to find a better solution. Also, that person will be available to monitor your progress and make sure you are doing well. There are many good reasons to get connected!
Dr_Anderson : I hope this gets you started. Please let me know if I may be of further service!
Dr_Anderson : Regards,
Dr_Anderson : Dr. Anderson