TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Hello Kate.Are there any books or sites you recommend that

Hello Kate. Are there any books or sites you recommend that will help me learn how to be nice in the workplace? I don't want to lower myself to my night supervisors level by running him down but sometimes I slip up. Thank you for your great advice about changing my thoughts. That was very helpful advice. My mom gave me a work place tip such as if you can't say anything nice about someone don't say it.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 4 years ago.

It is such a common problem that there are many ways to try to deal with difficult people in the workplace. Your mom's advice is very good. Here are some resources that might help you:

Coping with Difficult People: The Proven-Effective Battle Plan That Has Helped Millions Deal with the Troublemakers in Their Lives at Home and at Work by Robert M. Bramson

Dealing with People You Can't Stand: How to Bring Out the Best in People at Their Worst by Dr. Rick Brinkman and Dr. Rick Kirschner

Difficult Personalities: It's Not You; It's Them by William O'Donohue

If you need more links or books, let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I could please have more of your book recommendations that will help me learn how to be nice in the workplace.

Here are some more that might help:

The Power of Nice: How to Conquer the Business World With Kindness
Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval

Find Something Nice to Say - The power of compliments by Debby Hoffman and Kathy Chamberlin

Nasty People: How to Stop Being Hurt by Them Without Becoming One of Them (Bestselling Author Jay Carter Helps Reader Break Away from T) by Jay Carter

The Meaning of Nice: How Compassion and Civility Can Change Your Life (and The World) by Joan Duncan Oliver

am I being kind: how asking one simple question can change your life...and your world by Michael J. Chase

Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson and Kenneth Blanchard

I hope these books are helpful for you. If not, let me know.