Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

How do I handle myself in an intimate relationship and work

How do I handle myself in an intimate relationship and work to overcome being dependent.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I see you are standing by- are you able to chat now?

Bill :

In reading what you have written it sounds as though your work revolves around the issues of Co-dependency----- Are you familiar with this concept?

Bill :

This is often the case with many people who have a desire for a balanced and healthy relationship without becoming overly dependent or feeling fear of developing deeper relationships based on a pattern of poor or dysfunctional relationships in the past.

Bill :

I am going to give you some helpful information in the following links and you can review and ask questions if needed.

Customer: Yes
Customer: Yhank you.
Bill :

I also recommend that people with these issues get involved in the CODA organization which involves support groups that helps you deal with these issues. Meetings are held all over the World.

Bill :

Here is a link to the site:

THank you- Should you require further assistance, always feel free to contact me directly by writing "FOR BILL LCSW" in front of your question.

Best regards, Bill