JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping people find solutions...

I find myself singing the same songs and repeating conversations

Customer Question

I find myself singing the same songs and repeating conversations in my head constantly.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 4 years ago.

Hello! I see that this is very frustrating to you. I want to help you, but must as k a few questions first. How long has this been going on? What do you yourself attribute the onset of this to? Are you taking any medications that might have triggered these symptoms. When are these symptoms the worse? What is going on at that time? What have you been able to do in the past to help alleviate the symptoms? Let me know...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It has been going on so long I can't remember when it started

I attribute it to lack of stimulating activity of possibly medication

Possible medication culperts: gleevec, cymbalta

Symptoms worst in morning

Activity at that time - awaking from restless sleep

I have tried clonazepam, deep breathing, cognitive behavior, therapy

Have you talked to your physician or psychiatrist about changing or altering your medications?
Did I understand you to say you are taking Cymbalta and Clonazepam together? If so, are you doing this to alleviate the symptoms or were you taking them before the symptoms started?
i appreciate you accepting my answer. I had not completed my response though. I need more info, namely, regarding the meds. Then what exactly is this conversation you are hearing? Please be as detailed as you wish.

Hi! I appreciate you allowing me to help you maybe arrive at a solution the other day. I hope I was helpful. Let me know if I can help you in any other way. I really had not given my final reply. I beleive you can continue to dialogue with me on tihs question even though you have accepted. I want to help you as best I can.

John Michaels, MS, LPC