Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

my wife h suffered from deoression in the past.She was taking

my wife h suffered from deoression in the past.She was taking flumoxatine 20mg which worked for a a while.In Feb the doctor put the dose up to 40mg but she stopped taking it after a week because she felt worse(9she hsn't ben back to te doctor).She is 46 and her periods stopped at this time.She now says she has no feelings and is hostile letting small problems become major issues .Should I stick with it Is this normal?

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this.

Customer:
Bill :

From what you write - If you wife abruptly stopped taking this medication she is at significant risk for developing what is referred to as Serotonin Syndrome which is a potentially life threatening reaction

Bill :

to abrupt withdrawal.

Bill :

You should contact her Doctor without delay for appropriate instruction.

Bill :

I am attaching information for your review regarding Serotonin Syndrome:

Bill :

I think your wife will be okay, however, this is a potential medical emergency and some of what you are seeing are the effects of rapid withdrawal.

Bill :

This is a medication that has to be weaned off slowly to prevent the possibility of this type of reaction.

Bill :

So, Call the GP or Doctor now for further instructions.

Bill :

Is that workable?

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME

I ALSO APPRECIATE POSITIVE FEEDBACK

Have the best possible day!

Bill :

you will have a copy of this chat in your email for further review ( with links)