Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

my granddaughter is extremely oppositional and bossy to the

my granddaughter is extremely oppositional and bossy to the point where she has lost all of her friends. she is11 yrs old. she is on zoloft. she was sexually molested at 5 and her father died three months later. counseling done locally has not helped. she will never admit to being wrong. basically it's been a nightmare. my daughter is looking into a 6 week residential program===the one recommended by dr. phil, but the cost is prohibitive. what can you suggest
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this terrible situation with your granddaughter-

Bill :

Are you available to chat now?

Customer:
Bill :

If you can share where your granddaughter lives and what the financial situation is I will check residential resources

Bill :

I see you are typing- can you please send so that I am certain that the system is processing correctly.

Bill :

Thanks.

Bill :

I can share with you that based on my experience with children with this type of history that a 6 week residential program is most likely not going to be successful in effecting much change. Most children need a much longer therapeutic residential program to address what are obviously deeply involved and complex psychological issues.

Bill :

If you can provide me with information on the state and country where the child lives, if she is covered by any insurance policies and what other financial resources may be available. I will be happy to check on possible options.

Bill :

I am switching to Q & A as I am not certain that the chat mechanism is working properly. I will reply to your response in that forum.

Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.
Elaine- Please feel free to follow up with me in response to my feedback above. The chat was not working properly,
Best, Bill