TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

I am transgender at the start of transition I live 90% of the

I am transgender at the start of transition I live 90% of the time as a female, but Im struggling with that final push to go full time at work home and everywhere. Money is an issue and have not started therpy but am doing hormones with are great help. Any suggestions?
Billie

CoachJenK :

Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

CoachJenK :

I commend you for coming here to reach out. How can I help you? Are you just looking for some support as you go through this?

Customer:

I looking at pushing forward with my transition to become a woman. My wife knows and my kids know. I live pretty much as a woman now but I just short of going all the way at work and everywhere elase

CoachJenK :

and is something holding you back from living fully and going through the final steps?

Customer:

fear i am a bit of coward i have struggled with this all my life and am just now really dealing with it

CoachJenK :

I cant agree that you are a coward...look at the courage you have shown already?

CoachJenK :

there is no timetable for any of us when we deal with our stuff...the important thing is that you are dealing with it

CoachJenK :

and in process to live your truth and finally be happy

CoachJenK :

That is quite corageous

Customer:

I understand what you are saying i know this something i should have delt with along time ago but i was trying to fit in the litttle squares that we all try do to get along. Now i think it is my turn to be happy

CoachJenK :

Yes I agree that it is your time....I want you to feel that freedom and be liberated. How absolutely wonderful for you.

CoachJenK :

How are your wife and kids doing with it?

Customer:

the wife is supportive most of the time sometime she can be mean and hurtful but i thinks it is her way of dealing with it . my kids the older ones don't care and the youngest says it is not a problem but it is

CoachJenK :

so I would have to say that on balance you are getting good support. Clearly there will be deep feelings for them and maybe at some point some family counseling could be quite helpful. but right now it is to get you to a place of total comfort as you have lived trying to fit in for so long.

Customer:

at my age and money i will never be able to the completely change and the problem is i will be struck in a never land of being not enough woman for the stiraght guys and too much woman for the gay guys so I will be alone

CoachJenK :

I am so sad to hear that and it must be the same for you.

CoachJenK :

I can see how you feel stuck but is there a way to live as a woman fully without the final steps since the finances are an issue?

Customer:

how

CoachJenK :

well tell me about the 90% now?

Customer:

I own very few men chothes I dress as a female as i can with out being over the top and try carry my self as a woman would in all my actions

CoachJenK :

and that sounds wonderful but clearly it is not enough for you and this limbo has you feeling quite down because the full transition is out of reach.

CoachJenK :

Is there a way we can get you to acceptance so that you can feel free and liberated within these confines?

Customer:

only in my own mind

CoachJenK :

ok well that is a start....but why not live fully as a woman in the way you want even without the transition. I absolutely know that your desire to transtion fully so I am now downplaying that at all.

Customer:

you have given me to think about i have to run now thanks