Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

hi doctor i was wondering if how many ways to treat multiple

hi doctor i was wondering if how many ways to treat multiple personality disorder i am suffering from this diease i have tried a different brands of medicine it is necause my doctor kept switching drugs everytime i told him no result has been every session i paid visit . in every 2 weeks i would like to know that how long should it take for the drug to take effect and would tge way my doctor switch drugs will help ? and i have seen the movie ATeam murdock the crazy one was electrified by some kind device in his head i was wondering if i can do the same to heal or there is anither permanet cure for it and what is the best drug and best doctor so far to heal problem like mine i really need this problem gone tjanl yiu doctor
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

Treating DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder, formerly called Multiple Personality Disorder) does not just involve giving the patient a variety of drugs. It requires skilled and empathetic psychotherapy intervention. It seems that a doctor who is treating you should not be merely giving you drugs and then switching them constantly, does not seem to have a grip on the situation.

DID is a complex disorder that comes out of trauma from the past, and needs to be dealt with by exploring that past in a very comprehensive manner. Medications are merely a supplement to counteract some of the side effects of depression and anxiety that you experience because of this psychological effects from this disorder.

The most comprehensive article you can read, which will give you the full range of treatment options available, is

Guidelines for Treating Dissociative Identity Disorder in Adults, Third Edition and can be downloaded for free at:

Once you comprehend this material you will be able to either give some guidance to your physician, or decide to seek and additional opinion.

I wish you great success.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
dear doctor
How are yoi ? i am deeply thankful to your effort i must say you havr given me a great deal of strength to fight this battle . frankly i am half way to give up i dont just mean my problems . i am really sorry doctor j am humbly adking you that if usa is the top in medival field in everything pardon. me for asking such impolite qurstion it is extremly vital for me yo help decise whether i should keep beong treated here in united state due to the act that i am sufferong other problems which are serious as my DID and also they will bribg me very extebdive fiancial burden i beg of you your true answer means vital to my decision . thank you do much doctor a look forward in seeing you.
Dear Kar Kui,

The USA does not have the best medical treatment, because if is driven by profit, particularly at the hands of the insurance companies and pharmaceutical corporations.

If you are not satisfied with the treatment that you are getting here, and the cost is overwhelming you, then it might be best to go to another country, particularly your home country. Many individuals with DID have this disorder because of trauma they suffered earlier in life. Talk therapy (psychoitherapy) is often the best approach to treating this disorder. If you are more comfortable and fluent in your own native language, then treatment by someone who speaks your own language would be much more effective.

I believe that your idea to seek help elsewhere is a good one, not only for financial reasons, but for therapeutic ones as well.

I wish you warm regards XXXXX XXXXX in getting the help that you need.

Most sincerely,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC