Dr_Anderson
Dr_Anderson, Doctor
Experience:  Psychiatrist
66203730

i am on 37.5 mg effexor xr for over 5 years and have been instructed to double the dose, W

i am on 37.5 mg effexor xr for over 5 years and have been instructed to double the dose, What canIexpect to feel like
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr_Anderson replied 4 years ago.

Dr_Anderson :

Greetings, and thank you for your question. I see you are offline right now, but let me offer the following input to get you started: if you had side effects when you first started the Effexor, it is possible will experience them again (although they should not be worse than the first time you started). There is no guarantee that you will experience any kind of side effects, however. For the beneficial effects of the increase, it can take several weeks to note that - up to 6 or more in many of my patients. However, you may start to see the benefits of the medicine before then.

Dr_Anderson :

I'm sure you have more questions, so please do contact me when you are online so I may assist.

Dr_Anderson :

Regards,

Dr_Anderson :

Dr. Anderson