Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, please can we have a chat post? I need your

Dear Dr. Keane, please can we have a chat post? I need your advice/support. First of all thanks for being positive. I know the choice was mine to have the GP prescribe meds and it is only for 10 days per month at the relevant time I should take them. I am trying to stay positive about it all and trying not to think that I'm inadequate for choosing them versus not having anything. I'm not having second thoughts or regrets, just feel really down on myself about it. I know they're short-term use only. I hope that and chatting to you and using all the tools I'll feel more positives too. I am trying to be positive and brave, it's just not easy to be at the moment. I need to wait a bit before taking the first lot of 10, so it's at the right time. I'd like to chat a bit, I'd like some support please. I admit I took one pill, just wanted to see what it was like, silly isn't it? I know that sometimes our schedules aren't always in synch and it isn't always easy but I hope that you continue to have time for me. I'll keep trying to be here as much as I can. Please, please, can you help being still supportive. I hope you are still willing to chat about this.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, think you are online.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I am here

Dr.Keane :

not sure why you feel so badly about taking the meds, you should be proud that you are so pro-active, you tend to see getting some help as something bad, it's not.

Customer:

I don't know why I feel so bad either. I know that it can only all help.

Dr.Keane :

you are to be commended if anything for following through on your goals.....

Customer:

thank you

Customer:

I think I'm just having a really silly sort of day full of what ifs, sorry. And I know how to stop them too.

Dr.Keane :

it's a process, you are not too comfortable with change (who is?) and it just takes you longer to get use to it. All positives moves in a positive direction. You have nothing to lose by trying. The worst thing that can happen is that they don't help. If that is the case you go back and tell the GP and don't get discouraged. Self talk will help.

Dr.Keane :

What if's translated to so what's in my book....what if's are useless and do nothing but raise anxiety levels and make you feel bad, can't control everything....

Customer:

I think that yes, I don't usually have any meds for anything then I had all these silly thoughts in my mind that if I went to the GP, got meds that no one would want to talk to me.

Dr.Keane :

and half the time or more What if's never become anything more than an angst ridden thought...

Customer:

I'm glad that doesn't seem to be the case, besides it is only you and my mum who knows. Had to tell her of course. She's as positive about it as you are.

Dr.Keane :

yikes, that's out in left field and not really very logical ......no one would want to talk to you....let me say this, if everyone who was on these meds felt that way and if it were true, there would be thousands of people no one would talk to, if not millions!!!

Dr.Keane :

would be pretty quiet planet!

Customer:

I know it isn't a logical thought.

Customer:

lol, okay point taken.

Dr.Keane :

Part of anxiety is having irrational beliefs and/or thoughts so that fits your "worry" issue. Just self talk that right out of your mind

Dr.Keane :

does putting the thought out here help put it in a different perspective, you know, now it's been verbalized and listen to what I am saying?

Customer:

I think that's partly why I asked you before if you'd still be here to chat to after the GP appointment too.

Customer:

yes, I am feeling calmer again now.

Customer:

a lot calmer. Just needed to hear it from you really.

Dr.Keane :

You are smart, you know it's not logical to think that way yet you let it bother you....good, glad to hear you feel calmer now.....do some deep breathing when the angst tarts, it will help

Dr.Keane :

starts

Dr.Keane :

ok. I'm glad I was able to catch you online. I am on my way out in a bit but wanted to at least try before I left.

Customer:

Thank you so much and hope to chat again and hope you have a good day.

Customer:

I am so glad that you wanted to check.

Dr.Keane :

you have a great afternoon and evening yourself!!!

Customer:

I may go out too.

Dr.Keane :

now that you are calmer you can!!

Dr.Keane :

talk to you soon.

Customer:

Thank you!!! Yes will talk soon.

Customer:
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.