Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

my daughter suffers rom anxiety and takes citalopram. She

my daughter suffers rom anxiety and takes citalopram. She hs recently broken up with her boyfriend and has had apanic attack at work and doesnt seem to be coping. She sems to blame herself for everythinhg and her esteem is low. i dont know how to help her she wont come out of her room or do anything
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 4 years ago.

Brad The Therapist :

Thank you for your question. Before providing suggestions, I have a few questions. First, how long has she isolating herself in her room? Is she eating and taking care of herself? Do you feel her life is in danger?

Customer:

She is eating and drinking and no I don't think her life is in danger

Brad The Therapist :

good, her physical well-being is being met. She may be grieving the loss of her boyfriend, and I urge you to give her space to grieve. Please continue to share your concerns and support of her wellbeing. Please encourage her to seek therapy services.

Brad The Therapist :

another suggestion I have for you is to attend a support group for families who have a loved one with a mental illness. You will receive the support you need to go through this tough time