Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

I grew up with alcoholic parents where there was severe emotional and physical abuse. At

I grew up with alcoholic parents where there was severe emotional and physical abuse. At age 11 I did inappropriate things with cousins I was supposed to be babysitting but do not recall specifics. I also recall being at an aunt's house at age 9 or 10 with other cousins and them being mean to me and a "bribe" type incident sexual in nature, but do not recall what that was. Why do I keep repeating what I did as a child and what happened to me as a child and it keeps replaying itself in my mind?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 4 years ago.

Brad The Therapist :

Thank you for your question.

Brad The Therapist :

I am glad to see that you have reached out for help from a psychologist.

Brad The Therapist :

Based on your post, you are experiencing ruminating thoughts based on your experiences. What I mean by this is that you repressed the memories of what happened with your cousins and that the few details you remember is causing you strife, thus, you are trying to resolve those thoughts.

Brad The Therapist :

I apologize for the technical difficulties I am experiencing

Brad The Therapist :

Please let me know if you have any further questions, as I am unsure if I was able to answer your question.