Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults

RA hs

Hi. My 40 yr old daughter has BPD. She sees a Physchiatrist, same 1 for 1-2 + years. I dont get TOO involved, but know she takes at least 4 sedative drugs, including Valium,Ativan, Xanax & Zanbar (?) along with Lithium & some others. Is it normal,that many anxiety meds?Also, 1 Norco per day,to which she was addicted to for sev yrs. Should I try to help her find aDr more specifically trained in BPD?
I suggest starting with her current psychiatrist and letting that person know all of the meds she is taking. My guess is that she is abusing those meds and getting them from different doctors. If it so happens that she is getting all of those meds from one doctor than I highly suggest you confer with another psychiatrist and get their opinion.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is her ONLY Dr. He prescribes ALL of the meds. I am not sure she would welcome my attempt to change Drs, but if would, where do I locate one who has specific BPD background?
Thank you for your question. If you are comfortable in sharing your location, I may be able to find you a referral.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We are in the Los Angeles County of California, in the city of Burbank
Try this website:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am getting no more directin than with dozens of related websites, that do NOT charge!
I apologize for your dissatisfaction. Another reputable behavioral health services is through UCLA. Here is their contact information: For UCLA Neuropsychiatric and Behavioral Services, contact our ACCESS Center at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Service available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST) to assist you.
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience: 10 years of experience in working with youth and adults