Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane,Had appointment, Can we chat please? I know

Dear Dr. Keane,Had appointment, Can we chat please? Think it may have gone alright. I know you are busy but I really need to chat, please.

Dr.Keane :

I'm here for a short time.....

Dr.Keane :

glad things went well....alright is just as good as well...

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I am here

Dr.Keane :

hi

Dr.Keane :

good glad we connected...

Customer:

me too

Customer:

think they did anyway. So I have 20mg of Fluoxitine to take as symptoms arise before and during the period

Customer:

I have 3 months worth.

Customer:

then, I guess I can go back and review. I got asked did I want to take something or not and so this is what they prescribed as it seems that it is recommended for PMT issues.

Customer:

after recent trials.

Customer:

I decided it couldn't do any harm and for a week or so for 3 months isn't too bad. I'm still sort of getting my head around it. It was a very quick appointment.

Customer:

still there??

Dr.Keane :

I'm here, I think that is a good decision, try it for a few months and see how you feel.

Dr.Keane :

Glad that went smoothly....and they asked what YOU wanted to do, that's good doctoring in my book....

Customer:

so I said I had support from you and she said that was a good thing and she also gave me a booklet, it mostly says what I've been taught by you.

Customer:

all about the deep breathing and the walking etc. I looked at that and thought, well, I know all that :)

Dr.Keane :

see everyone on the same page, that's great....does she know this isn't "therapy" just information and support?

Customer:

yes

Dr.Keane :

you have all the tools you need and now with the medication you may even see more positive changes when they are needed most!

Dr.Keane :

great news

Dr.Keane :

you go back in a few months and let her know how you are doing right?

Customer:

she says that's fine, probably don't need anything else. She said their resources are limited anyway for what they can do and that women usually just want to be able to take something and get support from someone they like and trust.

Customer:

She didn't say, but I think so.

Dr.Keane :

Do you feel relief now that you saw the GP? Brave girl!

Customer:

you sound more enthused than me :)

Customer:

I feel some relief it is done with more or less for seeing a GP.

Dr.Keane :

did you tell her you didn't want to take meds? I am very happy you went, you needed to have a in person appointment, it's really difficult and not something I am allowed to do from this web site. I wanted you to have the best outcome and support may only be part of what you need, so now you have something else when you need it most.

Customer:

no I didn't tell her that.

Dr.Keane :

only kidding you.......okay, have to get back to work, long day today and not over for another 5 hours....

Customer:

can we chat again some time please?

Dr.Keane :

sure, tomorrow I'll check back when I can and should be around on Friday as well.....

Dr.Keane :

keep up the good work!!

Customer:

okay, thank you!

Customer: