Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
65628425

I have a child in therapy who plays killing me. What does

I have a child in therapy who plays killing me. What does this mean

Heidi LPC :

Hi there! In reading your description, it sounds as if he is just acting out his escape from the abuse and trying to gain power over it by gaining power over you. You are just a representation of his abusers and he must feel safe enough to play this out with you. I wonder what would happen if you asked him what character he wanted you to play? And, begin to work on other ways for him to feel powerful while in therapy with you?

Heidi LPC :

I hope this thought will be helpful as a beginning; I will wait for your reply and we can work on it further!! :-)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I haven't had my question answered - just click on a disclaimer

Hmm... I posted the following thought at 10:34am:

Can you see it here?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you that was very helpful - this client wants to hide but is desperate for me to find him - however I'm usually cast a someone who is bad and out to hurt him.

He is still psychologically "in the cabinet" and you are representing his parents... it may help him if you can make the story end with you finding him, apologizing for him being in there in the first place and making the story end with him devising a way to never have to hide in there, ever again... and going off to do something gratifying or comforting to him. The poor little guy... stories like these just break my heart!