Alicia_MSW
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in mental health counseling
65143460

l seem to like staying up very late and sleep in alot can

l seem to like staying up very late and sleep in alot can zoloft cause this l am on one hundred and fifty mgs thank you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question, I'm happy to help.

If you haven't always been a "night owl" and the urge to stay up late just started since you've been taking Zoloft, then it can very well be a side effect of the medication. In clinical trials, insomnia occurred in almost 28% of patients taking Zoloft (especially among those who were prescribed Zoloft to alleviate symptoms of OCD), so it's not an incredibly uncommon side effect. And sleeping in is your body's way of recovering and making sure you get enough rest - but this can interfere with your everyday life and affect the way you feel in general. I would suggest that you discuss these symptoms with your doctor to see if another medication might be more suitable. You might also be interested in reading this article if you'd like a bit more information:
http://depression.emedtv.com/zoloft/zoloft-and-insomnia.html