Alicia_MSW
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in mental health counseling

how can urge to vomit dee in the mind so bad in the mornings

how can urge to vomit dee in the mind so bad in the mornings some days ok this morning awful just wretching doc been very good giving me councelling but cant tell her how bad this has taken me over any remedies tryin kalms any good : would appreciate any help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 2 years ago.

I'm Alicia, and I'd like to help you with your question. The herbal remedy known as Kalms is purported to help alleviate some of the symptoms of anxiety. And Stemetil is a medication used to prevent nausea and vomiting, but if the urge to vomit is so persistent I would urge you to discuss these symptoms with your doctor. Combining herbal medication with prescription medication is not always such a good idea, and you should let your doctor know if you take any over-the-counter remedies when you're taking any type of medication.

It's certainly understandable that you're experiencing feelings of anxiety, and I imagine feelings of grief and sadness as well. 5 years is not a very long time, after all, and it can take a very long time to fully mourn the loss of a loved one. The urge to vomit can be a sign of an anxiety disorder - among other mental health disorders (combined with the other symptoms you are experiencing), so I would suggest that you talk about this with your doctor as well. For informational purposes only, I can tell you that there are herbal remedies (such as ginger, that can help calm an upset stomach and prevent vomiting, but you would need to discuss their use with your doctor. You might be interested in reading this information:
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/ginger-000246.htm)

Please let me know if you need additional assistance. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you very much can i ask this nausea and fear of vomiting can be all in the head as they say i do appreciate your help as talking to someone who doesnt know you does help. my friends and family see me as down to earth coping brilliantly with my loss managing on my own but they wouldnt know the pucking wreck here this morning ! thank you again god bless you in the work you are doing mary
Hi again,

Talking to a complete "stranger" is often easier than talking to someone you know when you're dealing with certain types of problems.
Now, these symptoms that you're dsecribing can certainly be "in your head" - and it sounds likely to be a symptom of depression or anxiety based on what you've said, although again, I would urge you to discuss it with your doctor when you feel able to. I realize how difficult it can be to deal with this on your own, especially because you want to be strong for the "outside" world, but just remember that it's important to take good care of yourself, too. I hope you will feel better soon - best of luck to you.
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience: Specializing in mental health counseling