Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in mental health counseling

My friends girl 8 year was attacked by a tiger on Saterday.

My friends girl 8 year was attacked by a tiger on Saterday. She lost the tip of her little finger on her left hand. What can i do to support them? The little girl started having pannic attacks on Sunday
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 4 years ago.
That's terrible! But it's very considerate of you to post your question today, and I'm happy to try to help. I hope that her parents are planning for ongoing psychological treatment, as an attack like this can have long-lasting ramifications.

You might be interested in reading this general information on panic disorder in children from the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry - educating yourself and being informed about exactly what is going on with her is the first step in being able to help both her and your friend deal with what's happened and assisting her in recovery.

Please review this information as well, which provides specific advice as to how you might be able to help:
(Scroll down to the part where it says "What you can do")

There is also a useful report here that you might find helpful, which discusses different types of treatment for children who have suffered traumatic events of all types, as well as how you can best help (page 3-4)

Essentially, the most important thing is to be calm, reassuring and attentive to her, especially in the aftermath of what's happened. Try to pay attention to her feelings and listen to her if she wants to talk - but don't push her to talk about anything if she doesn't want to discuss it. You might also want to share the above information with her parents. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.