Ask Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC Your Own ...

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Kate ..... Heres a new thread .....

Kate ..... Here's a new thread .....
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 2 years ago.
Time alone would be good.

Saying that you feel nothing will help can be one of two things:

Either you feel nothing will help because you think how you feel is based on your medication issues

Or what you feel is based on motivation. Depression can be difficult to deal with because lack of motivation and hope is one of the most difficult and prevalent symptoms.

If you feel it is your medication issues, then you may want to try what you can to help yourself until you see Dr M, realizing that you may feel your depression is somewhat alleviated, but it may not resolve on it's own.

If you feel that the depression is causing you to lack motivation to help yourself, that is something else entirely. That can be dealt with through finding ways to motivate yourself, and using support to help you get there.

Here are some ideas:

Doing something you enjoy a lot can help you feel better. Starting a project (like you were talking about last week or something similar) or doing another activity can help you feel more motivated about other things in your life.

Writing out your feelings can also help. Sometimes you are not as aware of what is bothering you until you take the time to think through what you are feeling. Writing helps you do that, sometimes more than talking about your feelings does.

Do something new, outside of your routine. You can get into a rut just doing the same things everyday. A short day trip, seeing an old friend, or just going to the movies to see something new can help.

Give yourself a break. Try not to be too hard on yourself. You are working through some very difficult issues. Ups and downs are expected. Remind yourself when you are feeling down that this is normal and will pass.

Kate
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think it's the medication at all. The stimulant will help the ADD symptoms, I understand. The only reason medication is an issue is that now is probably not the time to stop the wellbutrin, because even though it was prescribed for the ADD, Dr. M said that since it is an antidepressant, it is probably adding to the effect of the zoloft.

I don't think my medication is causing any issues, except maybe a stimulant can help with concentration even more and maybe help with the fact that the meds I was on made me gain like 20 pounds.

I know this is normal. That's one of the reasons I think nothing will make me feel better right now. It will pick back up eventually. In the meanwhile, who cares? Its not like I'm going to off myself or something. I will just be angry and down until it passes. I don't have the time or the will to take a day trip or go see a movie (plus, I hate going to the movie theater). I can rent one. I don't want to see any old friends, and all my old friends live in Ohio or out east. One of my good friends growing up is getting married in our hometown next weekend, but i am not going. I kind of rethought it, but I don't really want to spend a weekend with my parents right now. I don't feel like doing anyhing, although myabe I will this weekend. There is so much that needs organizing at home. Maybe I will organize and clean. I've been going through stuff like crazy and giving things away. Maybe I should continue that this weekend.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I should probably open a new thread since I already accepted .....

Ok, see you there...