Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, I hope we do manage to actually connect and

Dear Dr. Keane, I hope we do manage to actually connect and chat. I'll be back around 11am your time, got to get back to work.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Keane :

well, it looks like we are on opposite schedules as I will be away from computer at 11 am. Will check back when I have time during the afternoon.

Customer:

Hi, okay, I will check back in your afternoon. I have workmen here today too but I will hopefully be able to log back in around 1pm your time.....I hope that the graduation went successfully and that the weather was good for it. I also hope that you had a really good Mother's Day. It was on the web and our radio about it.

Customer:

as you've said before, we'll get there eventually. Thank you for being patient.

Customer:
Customer:

thank you also for being considerate and letting me know that information. I very much appreciate that.

Customer:

I also realise that it was wrong of me to be asking you for a decision of whether to see a GP or not, for which I am sorry.

Customer:

Just so you know, I am here online, if I don't respond right away it's because I'm checking things in the oven but that only takes seconds.

Customer:

Hi, I should now be uninterrupted to chat when you've time (in theory anyway).

Customer:

I assume you did not have time after all during your afternoon. I did wait for as long as I could, it's nearly midnight here. I'll try to be here with this chat on screen a bit on Tuesday or post to you in this chat post. I very sure you would have tried your best to have got back online.

Customer:

I hope you have had a good day. I do appreciate that you do
try to check back and I know sometimes our schedules are opposite, but at least
sometimes it works here and sometimes we can catch up. I hope you don't find it
all annoying or frustrating and I hope you know that I do try to be online for
as long as possible, I even ate dinner sat with the computer infront of me on
Monday, just in case you managed online then, so I'm not trying to be an
annoyance of seeming like I'm never here.....I know that health and wellbeing
is very important. I have been trying to walk a bit more just for pleasure,
like you said, to try and make things better. I've also been trying to take
time to properly relax. I do think that there have been some improvements, dare
I ask, do you think so? I mean as far as you can tell from what I say..I will
say, I'm always honest with you, even when there have been hard things to talk
about, I've told you them. Again, sorry about the question about the GP. I
think I asked it partly out of not being able to decide and sticking with the
decision I'd make and partly out of a certain amount of "fear".
Anyway I had no right to be asking you what I had and I realise that. I'll let
you know if you like what I decide once I have the nerve to make a final
decision and stick to it. I know what's the right thing to do though and what I
should do, it's just whether I can keep my nerve or not......Again, I hope that
you had a great weekend, especially on the Sunday. Mine was full of work, then
had furniture to move,it was fine, it gave me the impetus to fix out my closet.

Customer:
Customer:

Sorry, the text all posted strangely there.

Customer:

What else I'd like to tell you is that there are days when I do feel really good and I don't question confidence. I am trying to rid of the negative things that became ingrained and I am trying to like myself more that what I used to. I think chatting or posting to you helps a lot. I think a lot is being un-done for the better, such as all the bad stuff that my ex boyfriend near the end of the relationship is being un-done, the stuff harking back to childhood is too. Again, I know that there's still things I need to work on such as not getting so worked up about stuff. I do believe that chatting/posting to you is helping. I sometimes think about such things, almost like trying to review or analyze what stage I'm at....I still hope to chat with you, but I know that isn't always possible, and I assume you didn't get time to be online on Monday afternoon as you thought you would Overall I'm just so pleased and feel so grateful that you continue to be here.

Customer:

I am also very grateful that you care and want to help.

Customer:

In some ways for the GP I think I've just about came to a decision. As said further up this post, just need to keep my nerve. At least I have you here to post to so if I do go and see the GP I have you here who may well care about what they say to me. I know your suggestion makes sense.

Customer:

I hope you get the chance to read all my post, it isn't really as long as it seems, just some text went only on half the page. Thanks on advance for your time.

Customer:

This is just a thought that may or may not work, but is there any way that we can sort a time when we could both be online? I understand that it isn't the "done thing" here and it still may be difficult anyway, but it's just a thought I had.

Customer:

I am still trying to be here in case we get to chat. Need again to leave around 9:30am your time until around 11am your time again, although may be back 15 mins earlier today.

Customer:

I know that this is taking the longest possible amount of time that it's ever taken for us to try to chat but I keep hoping that we can.

Customer:

Not that I mind posting to you and then coming home and seeing a reply, chat is good though when we get a chance.

Customer:

I did manage to log in yesterday afternoon your time and stayed online until 7pm (midnight my time), I assume you got very busy.

Customer:

I do also have a question for you about something that I don't really understand too, not something that you've said, it's more about how I sometimes feel, but possibly in a positive way, but would like to check it out when/if we get to chat.

Customer:

Sorry, seems I missed you again, had to reboot the computer. Works now though.

Customer:

I'm online

Customer:
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.