Ask Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC Your Own ...

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Hey Kate. I hope your drive was safe! I am feeling a lot

Hey Kate. I hope your drive was safe!

I am feeling a lot better now, headache-wise. I woke up at 6 with a headache, took some pills, stayed up for only a half hour and went back to sleep until 11. Everyone here seems to suffer allergies really badly. Much more so than in Ohio. But I am fortunate not to have them.aybe a little sore throat here and there, but nothing more. These aren't those kinds of headaches. They are migraine types. I can tell by the vision issues. But I've been able to stop all of them before they get into the really bad can't-stand-it really sick stage. I take an anti-seizure (quite a large dose, actually) med to prevent them. I wonder ifs new meds are cutting down on its effectiveness. Barometric pressure changes and chocolate and perfume seem to be my big migraine triggers. I guess I should probably go see my neurologist, because my regular appointment isn't for another few months. I just don't like taking so much of this medication.

Thank you for not judging me and for being okay with what I told you, and for your compassion. It really makes me feel cared for.

I don't think P's brother is really racist. He loves his son-in-law to death, and he is half black/half Hispanic. But still, that kind of thing is not acceptable. But the fact that it bothers me makes him do it more. But I can't jut be silent when he says things. That's as bad as me saying them myself.

It's been nice to have some time alone this morning. I'm goin through the rest of my shoes, because the kid's mom texted me and she loves the tennis shoes I sent with p this morning. Said shed take any other ones. So I can get rid of a bunch of them. I have a bunh of basketball shoes I've hardly worn and hiking boots and stuff. So glad to clear all those out and that someone will use them. And actually kind o glad a 7th grader thinks my taste in shoes is cool :) not so cool that I wear the same size shoe as a 7th grader. My nieces and nephews all wore the same size shoe as me for a time. That was like 3-4 years ago. Yikes! Those kids are all taller than me now too.

It's my youngest nephew's 8th birthday today. He's so cute. On my bday, he left a VM singing happy birthday and telling me all about his new kitten and listing all the people in the family who love me. Very cute.

I know things will seem more clear to me about being with soneone once all these things are sorted out. I just have mixed feelings of curiosity and repulsion right now.

Also, I need to share something else with you. Not like what I told you the other day. I've told Linda, but feel its unfair to keep it from you. But I would
rather it not sit there until you see it and I would rather have a "chat" about it someone time if we could work it out.

I had a dream last night that he used the bottle in the other way. So it was a different dream. But it wasn't long. I kept waking up because of my headache.

Btw, Laura said she and lp's wife spent hours moving file cabinets around and stuff to make room for mine. LO's wife didn't say anything about me coming back, but didn't say anything negative or complain, which says something in itself. I feel good about that.

I keep yelling myself, as you told me to, that the whole incident was the
, not me. I try seeing it as someone running a red light. They are about to hit me, and I have to react. Of I swerve and hit a light post and they hit me anyway and I suffer further injury, woul I blame myself for the wreck? I had to react some way and maybe it turned out worse, maybe not. Maybe of I didn't hit the post I would be dead. It's hard to apply that when we're talking about sex and the intimate humiliating things which were part of my "reaction," but I'm trying. If I add on that they purposely ran the light and were trying to run me down, it helps a little. At Least I didn't kill anyone else. But wht of I indirectly did? What if they killed someone or did this to someone who killed herself????

Yikes.

And as far as reaching out for help. I do. I am. With you and with Linda. And I have with p and, to an extent, with Debra and c. Right?

Hope you are having a fabulous time!!

S
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 2 years ago.

Shay,

I got here in one piece, very happy about that! It was really a pleasant drive, no problems, no traffic or issues getting here.

You are very welcome about helping you. I am so glad you feel cared for. That is important to me.

I'm glad your headache is better now. It can really debilitate you if you have a bad one, I know. I get migraines too and they can take you down very quickly.

It sounds like you made that 7th grader very happy! Kids that age just love new stuff, especially if it's cool. Obviously, you have very good taste in shoes!

Happy birthday to your nephew! Eight is such a great age. They are adorable, able to do things on their own yet they don't have the inhibitions of the older kids yet.

What did you want to share with me? It's ok if you feel you don't want to. Not that I want to discourage you, but if you feel too uncomfortable don't force it.

I'm sorry you had such a bad dream last night. I wonder how connected it is with what you shared with me yesterday and how you recalled the pain you felt. When you described the dream, that is what came to me.

Your move back to your old practice sounds like it is coming along great. The fact that LP's wife didn't say anything, that is a step in the right direction!

I think your example of how to see what happened is great. Yes, I would add that they intentionally wanted to hit you. And the fact that they enjoyed hitting you, not caring what happened to you. Associating those feelings will help you put what you feel in perspective.

You can drive yourself crazy thinking of the possibilities of what those guys have done. But the key here is that no matter what they have done, it is not your responsibility, it is theirs. Also, how do you know that they didn't do this to someone else before they did this to you? That is also a possibility. But no matter what, you coped the best way you could with this situation. Letting yourself go from the responsibility is important. You cannot control everything.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are you still online? I'll tell you want I wanted to share. I just don't want it sitting out there. If I open a new thread, can we do a chat, or will that not work and/or do you need to get offline?

PS - why aren't you enjoying your time away instead of witting at the computer? :)

I'm sorry, I do need to go for now. I want to be sure to spend time with you when you do tell me and not have to go right afterwards. Are you ok with trying to connect tomorrow?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

for sure.

Have some fun, will ya?

S

Thanks, Shay. I'll try to check in again in the morning. Have a good night!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you too!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here