TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Kate - I wanted to open up another thread, because I cnat

Kate - I wanted to open up another thread, because I cna't accept more than one answer per thread ... so, if you would please, answer me on this one :)

S
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome Shay!

There is a big difference between the mountain in Albuquerque and West Virginia! I agree with you, I love the green too. I would miss it if I had to move.

It sounds like you were the black sheep of your family. It is very common in families where there is abuse to have at least one child who is the focus of the hostile feelings in the family. The often bear the brunt of the parents, who then teach the other children how to abuse that sibling as well. The parents will seem to favor everyone else but that child and make sure they receive more abuse than the others. There usually is no rhyme or reason for it.

The type of dependence you have on others is normal. You are working through a trauma, which requires you to open up and reveal things that most people would find difficult. It may be extra hard on you because you were taught that the kind of dependence you feel is wrong. But actually, it could not be more normal. This is how you are supposed to deal with a difficult time in your life. You lean on others, let them take care of you and by doing that, you help yourself recover. And you get to learn to let go and let others help. They also benefit because they grow closer to you and form a bond that is unique, beyond the normal everyday relationships.

I got the picture of the stained glass- it's beautiful! Thank you for offering to make me one. That was kind. If I'm ever in your area, I'll have to take you up on that ;)
Art is great therapy so I am very interested in how you feel once you get your project going, if you decide to go with it.

Having a baby does involve a lot of medical intervention. But because of why you are getting that extra attention, it makes it so worth it. If you decided to have a child, you would be able to deal with it very well. You may need extra support, but then, what mother doesn't? It is a tough decision, one that maybe prayer would help you with.

Kate