Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
65628425

i am always uneasy.i just moved and im am scared to go outside

Customer Question

i am always uneasy.i just moved and im am scared to go outside when i do if i have to spend any amount of time in front of my house before leaving i become very shaky and unable to concentrate on my task at hand.my neighbors sit outside and when i see them i become fearful almost unable to talk as if im having a panic attack.i really need some advice i feel trapped and some days have no hope
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Kaushik :

Hi there,

Dr. Kaushik :

Welcome to Just answer !

Dr. Kaushik :

Well, can you please tell

Dr. Kaushik :

whether this kind of condition was present at your previous home also?

Customer:

i have always had anxiety but it has gotten much more severe since ive been here

Dr. Kaushik :

Ok..

Dr. Kaushik :

but what do you get scared of ?

Dr. Kaushik :

do feel scared outside your house ?

Dr. Kaushik :

because this seems like Agoraphobia with panic disorder.

Dr. Kaushik :

where in a person quite similar to your case feels scared outside the house , he/ she feels that in open places if a natural caLAMITY OR something severe happens to him / her then the help will not be able to reach in time

Dr. Kaushik :

and so goes through panic attacks

Dr. Kaushik :

is this happening with you

Dr. Kaushik :

kindly reply..

Dr. Kaushik :

are you there..

Dr. Kaushik :

i am waiting ?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am very sorry sir i am scared outside when i have to come in contact with others mainly not a fear of somthin happin or help will not reach me in time i dont have those syptoms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 2 years ago.
Hi there! While you await the medication's arrival, I would like to suggest that you try to focus on breathing in and out as slowly as you can. Focus on relaxing your brow, your neck, your shoulders, and feel your belly rise and fall as you breathe. Learning to control the symptoms of anxiety through progressive muscle relaxation will help you; you can find free videos on YouTube, just search "Progressive Muscle Relaxation". As for your fear of the neighbors, try to keep telling yourself that you are safe, and that no one is trying to hurt you or judge you... they are all just way too busy with their own lives to worry about you. How we talk to ourselves is very important; in our unconscious mind, we say things to ourselves all day long. You may be telling yourself to fear others, and trying to become conscious of our thoughts and changing what we tell ourselves is extremely helpful in controlling anxiety. Telling ourselves things like "you are safe, you are ok", etc... can help us to calm ourselves down without medication. It takes practice, but it works. I hope that you will go to YouTube and try this, and try to keep reminding yourself that you are ok! I hope this was somewhat helpful to you--- let me know if I can be of any further help!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there any other diognoses that goes along with the anxiety i feel with the trembling and unability to funtion during these times may be somthing more and the alavil is it really the right choice i got it because it was one of few that i could purchase without a purscription is it really the best for what im goin through?
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 2 years ago.

Well, from what I have read, Elavil is no longer available in the US, but it was used to treat depression. Xanax or an SSRI type of medication may be a better option for the anxiety; however, I am not a psychiatrist who is able to prescribe medications or give that type of advice. From your symptoms, it is clear that you are dealing with anxiety and so the suggestions I offered were to help you control the symptoms temporarily while you wait for your order to arrive. It is always best, XXXXX XXXXX to be evaluated by a physician in person so that all of your health conditions can be taken into consideration when prescribing a medication. I do know that the symptoms of anxiety which you described can be helped in the short term with the techniques I described; and I wish you the best as you move forward and learn to manage it successfully. If you'd like, I will opt out of this question so that a psychiatrist can answer your questions about the medications? Thank you for your question, and I wish you good health & happiness!!

Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience: Licensed Professional Counselor