Suzanne
Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.

ASK SUZANNE, Saturday is almost always a hard day for me.

ASK SUZANNE, Saturday is almost always a hard day for me. I usually start off in the gym taking an exercise class for an hour, followed by weights for another hour. then other errands. today I didn't feel like exercising but got my hair done instead. every saturday though is a struggle in one way or another emotionally. i seem to think about my husband his lack of libido, then his lack of income, then my inlaws and i get really sad. saturday is just such a tough day for me, i wish i could make it better. do you know how I can make myself feel better emotionally or just ok. Thanks, Jen
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like you spend your Saturdays alone, working out and running errands. Do you ever spend the day with your husband? Who watches the baby while your gone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Saturdays I usually workout at the gym with my best friend Rosa, then we run errands. My husband watches the baby while I'm out. Anthony, Rosa, the baby and myself, usually go to the mall on Saturday or Sunday. This weekend Rosa was away. (first time in 2 months).
Expert:  Suzanne replied 2 years ago.

It sounds like you and your husband aren't getting any alone time. If Rosa goes with your family to the mall, she probably gets most of your attention. Anthony could easily feel left out, get resentful, and then start to snap at you. You don't feel connected to him because there's so many other people around to distract you from each other.

Is there someone who could watch the baby on Sunday so you and Anthony could do something together that you can share? It would be best to stay away from shopping, because of all the financial stress you two are under. He will just be thinking about how much money he's not earning, and feeling bad. Does your gym have a racquetball court that the two of you could play on? Is there something that he enjoys that you wouldn't mind doing with him?

It takes quality time together to help the two of you focus on each other as lovers, not just parents.

Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience: LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.