TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

"kate" Hello. Thank you for for your recommendations on earlier

"kate" "Hello". Thank you for for your recommendations earlier on books. If I could please have more of your expert recommendations of other books and audio cds for "stress relaxation" and "negative thinking". I need your book recommendations on "managing your moods", "improving self esteem", books on "people who worry a lot". Books that will end worry and negative thoughts and to help live a calmer life. I tend to worry a lot what people think of me. And books on "mindfullness" for the mind body and spirit. For an audio cd for "stress management and relaxation", do you recommend one with the sound of ocean waves? Which audio cds do you recommend to listen to while lying down or sitting up to reduce stress and promote relaxation and balance? Are there also cds to "help eliminate negative thinking" about someone or something? I tend to go home after work and think, worry and talk too much about the night supervisor who no one likes as a person on the night shift. cds that will help me think not negatively about him and worry less about his rude behaviour. That will put me in a positive mind state, and will help me to stay calm and focused when I return to work with him and not be agitated by his rude behaviour and to help let go and move on, not hold a grudge from his hurtful words and actions from the past. Thank you.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hello, it's nice to talk with you again!

Here are some books that may help:

Stress and Relaxation

10 Simple Solutions to Stress: How to Tame Tension and Start Enjoying Your Life by Claire Michaels Wheeler

The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques: Understanding How Your Brain Makes You Anxious and What You Can Do to Change It by Margaret Wehrenberg

The Worry Solution: The Guided Experiences CD Set by Martin Rossman and Andrew Weil

Effective Life Skills -- Songs of the Sea, CD, (Guided Imagery and Meditations from the Seashore For Stress Reduction and Progressive Relaxation) (Calms Body & Mind to Cope with Stress, Depression, Worry & Anxiety; Relaxation & Stress Management/Reduction) by Catherine L. Bourne MSW (2004)- this should be helpful, combining the sounds of waves with a therapists guided relaxation.

Managing Moods:

Little Ways to Keep Calm and Carry On: Twenty Lessons for Managing Worry, Anxiety, and Fear by Mark A. Reinecke

SOS Help for Emotions: Managing Anxiety, Anger, and Depression by Lynn Clark

Worry by Edward M. Hallowell

The Worry Cure: Seven Steps to Stop Worry from Stopping You by Robert L. Leahy

Quiet Your Mind: An Easy-to-Use Guide to Ending Chronic Worry and Negative Thoughts and Living a Calmer Life by John Selby

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie

Self Esteem:

The Self-Esteem Companion: Simple Exercises to Help You Challenge Your Inner Critic and Celebrate Your Personal Strengths by Matthew McKay Ph.D., Patrick Fanning, Carole Honeychurch and Catharine Sutker

Ten Days to Self-Esteem by David D. Burns

Learning to Love Yourself: Finding Your Self-Worth by Sharon Wegscheider-Cruse

Self-Esteem Affirmations by Louise L. Hay

High Self-Esteem and Unshakable Confidence: The Science of Feeling Great! (Made for Success Collection) by Larry Iverson, Zig Ziglar, Bob Proctor and Laura Stack

Negative Thinking:

Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life by Judith Orloff

The Positive Power of Negative Thinking: Using Defensive Pessimism to Harness Anxiety and Perform at Your Peak by Julie Norem and Julie K. Norem

What to Say When you Talk To Yourself by Shad Helmstetter

You Can't Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought (The Life 101 Series) by Peter McWilliams

Changing your thoughts and learning ways to relax will help you cope with the night supervisor.

I hope this is helpful,

TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.