Ask Eleanor
Ask Eleanor, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Marriage & Family Therapist/Prof. Counselor for 20 years
57558633

RA-mls

Customer Question

I can't find a timely psych who can take care of my worsenin anxiety disorders. i hide in my bed and room, i avoid every thing. my 3 grown kids hate me. I don't drive due to panic attacks. Developing into agoraphobia. cant grocery shop.

chronice migraine syndrome since pubery worsening. only improvement duromg 3 pregnancies. Was teacher. husband and i are roomates only.

Restless leg syndrome
osteoporosis
had 7 brooken ribs n 1 broke back bone. Husband doesnt belive in meds or therapy.

I had antianxiety and migriaanes so fi=orever' mother family had anxiety and early heart j\lient death. father had daughrtr have bipolar and paranoid schizo. i cant get out to med help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ask Eleanor replied 4 years ago.

Ask Eleanor :

Hello, I am here for you and am happy to respond. Give me a moment to carefully read over and consider your question.

Ask Eleanor :

I am very sorry to hear that you are suffering from so much anxiety. Are you asking for a referral to a psychiatrist where you live?

Customer :

Yes, if they take bcbs or phone sessions... afraid to leave house.

Customer :

My Mastercard always checks new internet purchases and calls me for affirmation.

Customer :

A psychiatrist with a psychologist would be great.

Customer :

Manassas, VA closest to me if I try a taxi.

Ask Eleanor :

Do you have a computer?

Ask Eleanor :

Some psychiatrists will see patients via skype on the computer.

Ask Eleanor :

I really think it would be much better to see someone in person. If you can take a taxi that would be a much better choice for you. I am going to search for psychiatrists and psychologists closest to you. What is your zip code there in Manassas?

Ask Eleanor :

I am searching for you. Are you there, dear?

Ask Eleanor :

What I meant to ask before was do you have Skype on your computer, sorry about that.

Customer :

I am hear. There is a Prince William Hospital there with zip code 20110.

Customer :

No skype, not good on computer, either.

Ask Eleanor :

Okay, I have found the perfect place for you. Just a moment.

Customer :

Men are better for me as I have to talk about 2 abortions that are still haunting me.

Ask Eleanor :

http://www.pwfc.com/www.pwfc.com/index.html This is the link for the Prince William Family Counseling Center. They have many staff members, including psychologists and psychiatrists, work with individuals, take bcbs and even do in home therapy!!

Customer :

I love psychologists.

Ask Eleanor :

You will find everything you need there, dear.

Ask Eleanor :

Do you have any further questions for me?

Customer :

I contacted them as I agree they are perfect place. You have to write or fax them for appt. Takes 6-8 weeks to get appt. I can't wait that long... I will die.

Ask Eleanor :

Who did you talk with there?

Customer :

Some Psychs here are no longer taking insurance. Crazy.

Customer :

I have to lay my head down as my migraine is getting worse. Anything else?

Ask Eleanor :

Yes, I want you to call them back and tell them how urgent, acute your situation is and see if you can get an emergency appt. If you have Primary Care Physician, you could call and ask him/her to refer you to this mental center. Will you do this, dear?

Customer :

I am too nervous. I don't even answer the phone unless I emailed them to call me. Thanks anyway. I understand some people can't be helped. My mom had this nervous disorder all her life. She died in her 50

Ask Eleanor :

You are very welcome, dear. It has been my pleasure to help you this evening. I hope you will find the strength to make that phone call. Please remember to click on the green accept button so that I will receive credit for my professional time and response. You may return to this chat for reference or to ask a follow-up question at any time after you accept. I wish you healing, take care of yourself, Eleanor

Customer :

I am supposed to go to my bone dr tomorrow and I got a person to drive me.

Customer :

I thought I was going to pay for a psychiatrist.