Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

what help is good for a woman who is separated and getting

Customer Question

what help is good for a woman who is separated and getting a divorce in the future? I'm trying to get past this loss.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is Ryan and I'd like to help you out.

You may find that it is a big help to meet with a marriage counselor, or a therapist who is experienced working with divorces and relationships. If you start meeting with a counselor now, that would certainly be a support system through this transition, and it will also help you to figure out how to best go about moving forward. Medication and just 'accepting it' can help to a certain point, but you may also find it extremely beneficial to talk though all of this with someone who is experienced in helping people with these problems. If you find yourself struggling significantly, you can discuss your medication situation with your doctor, which may help in the short term. Otherwise the best form of help would be a counselor.

If you need help locating someone, there is a good website called that will help you find a marriage counselor or therapist near you. If you have insurance, you can also filter by therapists who accept your insurance.

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through and I certainly wish you the best. Let me know if you have any trouble using the website or if there is anything else I can do to help.

All the best,