Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.

I feel like Im losing my mind. There are alot of stressful

Customer Question

I feel like I'm losing my mind. There are alot of stressful things happening in my life right now & I've having a hard time handling them. Currently on Celexa & Lexapro with no success. What can I do. I feel like I'm going crazy
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 years ago.
What are the issues that need are causing you stress?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well last July I started having black out episodes which the neurologist has diagnosed as epileptic seizures. When I have these episodes there is no warning signs & I'm out for 20-30 minutes. Run alot of tests everything come back normal. My husband & I just had money stolen from us. My husband's stress makes my stress 3x as bad. I lay awake at night trying to remember the episodes but I can't. It's driving me crazy. My first accident was in a vehicle & I went through a building & didn't wake up. I had no idea I was in a accident.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 years ago.
Geez, that is some serious condition you have. I hope they find some answers for you. But for now, you need to put your trust in the doctors to help you. That is basically out of your hands. Also, the theft thing... did you report it to the police? Why are we stressing out over something that happened in the past?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well it's really not in the past. It all just happened last week. We have reported it an still waiting for a response. They don't work the quickest. As far as my episodes it's driving me crazy cause I can't remember & don't understand why this is happening

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 years ago.
Well, you are taking the right steps to get answers. It is a big adjustment, and one that might be permanent. Are we sure the medication is right for you? Does the neurologist give you recommendations to handle the black outs? I hope you are not driving. I also hope that there is no drugs or alcohol involved. If you are not getting the answers you need then you might need to try a long-term hospitalization at the Mayo Clinic to get some answers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She has me taking Lamictal to see if medication will prevent the black outs. I believe I need to be on something that will calm me to where I'm not so stressed all the time. I have panic attacks & don't sleep unless I take Advil PM. I just lay there & worry about everything. I don't know of any Mayo Clinic

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 years ago.
An anxiety med might be what you need. My guess is that your doctor wants to try one thing at a time to see what works. The Mayo Hospital is a nationally recognized treatment center where you can get the best help.