TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

Wow! These drugs are awesome. I feel great for the first

Wow! These drugs are awesome. I feel great for the first time in months. I didn't even have to drag myself out of bed this morning! ;)

CoachJenK :

Wow..hold on...can you hear me screaming from the rooftops?

Customer:

LOL@

Customer:

!

Customer:

You're the best!

CoachJenK :

so so so happy!

Customer:

I feel so great!

Customer:

Seriously!

CoachJenK :

I cannot tell you how proud I am of you!

Customer:

Almost all the side effects are gone--I havn't had a headache in two days, and for the first time, I'm not thinking about running red lights anymore! ;)

Customer:

This is going to be a shocker....

Customer:

One of my best friends, whose name is XXXXX XXXXX a cardiac nurse, and such an amazingly sweet woman. We were out walking last night and I confessed to her about how I was feeling, the meds I was taking and the thoughts I was having (even about the gun purchase), she was SHOCKED! But didn't load me in the car to take me to crazy town or anything. She said "if you ever feel that way again--call me!" I said "and then what?" and she said "and we'll talk about it". I actually told someone...can you believe that?

CoachJenK :

YAHHHHOOOOIIEEEEE

CoachJenK :

I am truly thrilled...these are break throughs for you

CoachJenK :

this is the beginning of a new life for you

Customer:

I'm finally feeling more free. I don't feel as trapped anymore, and I seriously think it's the lexapro and my sheer will to not do this to myself. I'm so thankful for you. I never would have done this without you. I'm serious, thank you.

CoachJenK :

I am so touched. It is my honor

Customer:

Ok, I just wanted to check in and let you know how it's going. I have therapy tomorrow so I plan to have some conversations about how I can make this work a little better for me. Right now, it's not really working for me. He needs to be harder on me and not just sit there, because if I don't get some real life skills to practice while I'm not in therapy, this "high" won't last and I can't be on AD's forever.

CoachJenK :

perfect! I love that strength!

CoachJenK :

and you just got on em...dont think about getting off them just yet my dear

Customer:

I have resolved to not sticking with him "just because". I want to find a good fit. How long should I expect to be on the med. Is there a typical duration?

CoachJenK :

oh be quiet!

CoachJenK :

no reason to think about that at all!

Customer:

why?

CoachJenK :

because you like to plan and plot everything but there is no way to know right now and if something is working we stick with it no matter how long it takes! There I am tough...I'm not just sitting there!

Customer:

Ummm, ok.

CoachJenK :

come on...you can do this...no worries

Customer:

I'm not planning anything, I'm just thinking about living my life on my own two feet, drug free. Even if that's a year from now, I'd just like to know when. I can't relinquish all my control. I'd like to be able to hold onto something. ;

Customer:

;)

Customer:

Sheeeesh. You are tough!

CoachJenK :

hold onto this! you are on your ow two feet no matter what.

CoachJenK :

my keyboard today doesnt like the letter n and it doesnt come out unless I bang on it so forgive the missing n's

Customer:

no problem.

Customer:

Ok, gotta run...thanks for chatting. I'm doing fine, me and my drugs are gonna be an item for a while. So thankful for them--I can't believe how much better I am. Maybe I can give up on the shrink! Just kidding!

CoachJenK :

lol. go...be Freeeeeeeee

CoachJenK :

until next time!

Customer:

Will do! Bye