DrPsychologist
DrPsychologist, Doctor
Experience:  I am a licensed psychologist with over 10 years of psychotherapy experience.
67451276

My husband has said for years that due to his diabetes he cannot

Customer Question

My husband has said for years that due to his diabetes he cannot have sex, not even with himself but I have found condoms on a few occassions over the last 6 years. He says he is not having sex with other people but that he is "trying some things". What could he be trying with condoms if this is the truth? He won't tell me what the condoms are for, only that he is trying some things. Is he lieing or cheating?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, this is Howard,

Diabetes is a contributing factor to erectile dysfunction, that's true. For more information about this please click the link below:

http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/guide/ed-diabetes

It's hard to say what your husband means when he reports that he is "trying things." It is possible that he is lying to you or cheating. Additional evidence will be required to confirm or refute that this is the case.

Do you have any additional evidence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i also found a g-string at same time as condoms, he said he thinks he bought that for me a long time ago. I have never worn a g-string in my life.

I know he watches porn stuff on computer and I recently found some cd x-rated movie disk.

Is is even posslible that he "is trying some things" that he is too embarrassed to tell me about? I asked if he was pleasuring himself at some adult booth place or something.

He said that's not where I've been using them. I said then where? He said where did you find them? (knowing that I found them in his car). I said the car. The he said, oh I was gonna throw those out.

Is there any other explanation than him cheating?

Thank you for the additional information.

It is definitely possible that there is another explanation other than cheating, however, I would not rule that out at this time. Your husband is clearly being dishonest with you. He may be trying things that he is too embarrassed to tell you about, or he may be doing things which he believes you would find to be unacceptable.

I encourage you to seek marriage counseling with a licensed and experienced marital and family therapist. There are issues in your marriage that require further exploration.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So the original question-: what other explanation? what could he be trying himself with the condoms. He has said in the past it suppose to help simulate sex (?)

"I'm tyings some things" what could those things be ? if true?

Generally, condoms are used in order to avoid transmitting or being infected with a sexually transmitted disease. I suppose it is possible, however, that your husband is masturbating while wearing condoms. I'm not sure what the reason for that would be, however.

I don't know what he means when he says that condoms are supposed to help stimulate sex. This is quite puzzling. I'm not surprised that you are confused about all of this. I am confused as well!

I suggest that you speak to your husband about this again and let him know that you need a better explanation regarding the condoms.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see you are a counselor. Could this question be referred to a Dr, some kind of sex Dr. who may be able to give me more info on "things he's trying"?
I will opt out so that another expert can assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So will another dr be writing me or do I have to start all over?
Someone will help you. You don't have to start all over. Please be patient.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Would like question to be addressed to a Dr who speciallizes in sex problems, a male dr. Would like to know what other explanation there could be for my husband having condems when he says due to his diabetes he can't even have sex with himself and when I found the condoms his answer is that he is "trying some things". What could he be trying if this is true? I know he is either trying something that is too embarrassing for hime to tell me OR that he is lieing & cheating. I would like to know what things he could be trying if he is not cheating?
Expert:  DrPsychologist replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I am a psychologist specializing in trauma, eating disorders, and behavioral medicine. I will opt out if this is not helpful. But my suggestion is rather simple: Request that your husband attend a couples therapy session with you and ask him in an honest non judgmental manner. I would be happy to discuss this with you further if you would like.
DrPsychologist, Doctor
Experience: I am a licensed psychologist with over 10 years of psychotherapy experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he will not even discuss it with me, he surely isn't gonna agree to discuss it with anyone else. is there not a dr who specializes in sex problems that can answer my question?
The only one who can answer your question is your husband.

Another option is to hire a detective to monitor him. You might consider that.