Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.

hello?. i have a question about my girlfriend of 2 years. i

hello?. i have a question about my girlfriend of 2 years. i think she may have some kind of personality disorder, she is always right about everything, she nevers says sorry about anything, even if she knows it was wrong, she justifies her actions and turns it onto me as my fault. she always avoids issues and says things like i dont want to talk about it. she has mood swings constantly, when she is mad she wont say she is, just gives the cold shoulder for days or even a week. i've met alot of people and this behavior doesnt seem normal to me so i thought i'd ask a professional
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 4 years ago.
Good evening,

Will it help you to label your girlfriend with a personality disorder? If so, how will that help you?

I'm wondering why you stay with her. She doesn't sound like she's much fun.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

maybe get her some help, i dont know, she has good days and bad days

People with personality disorders, assuming she has one, will not change to any great extent, even with therapy. I recommend that you reconsider whether or not this woman is the one you want to spend the next few years, or the rest of your life, with.

You might also consider therapy for yourself because many men would not be interested in a relationship with this type of woman. It's possible you are trying to work out something from your past, with her. Perhaps she reminds you of your mother, or some other important person from your family. I think that's a strong possibility.