Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.

how can you help a 5yr old who wants to b with her dad but

how can you help a 5yr old who wants to b with her dad but cant because of his wife an he wont come see her the only way he wants to see her is at his house without the mother around or me the grandmother
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 4 years ago.
Good evening, this is Howard,

This is a very sad situation for your granddaughter, one that is very hard for her to understand. Can you tell me more about what's going on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well kytan was bulling jaden in many ways when jaden would go tobsee her dad she stayed with her dad for 1week an wasnt the same child when she came back danielle jadens mom put a stop to jaden going to matts house we went to court it was very sad i turned on my son but he wouldnt protect his child kytan has told people an even sent me a text that jaden was a ugly child i was like really thats your husbands child so we made it so jaden couldnt go to her dads house anymore that matt has to go to danielles house an be supervised he cant com e to my house cause i have a ppo out on him at this point they r both crazy i never thought matt would turn his back on jaden they were very close right from the start when jaden would cry matt was the only one that could get her to stop so it is very sad i cant begin to know how she feels but i dont know how to help her she misses her dad very much she hasnt seen him sence 12/25/11 that is a long time for a little girl she sometimes has melt downs wont listen her mom an i just dont know how to hekp her do u have any ideas
This is a very confusing situation for a little girl and it's not surprising that she is having melt downs. I I suggest that you have her evaluated by a psychologist. I don't think there's anyone in the family who is capable of helping her with her feelings and confusion.

Child psychologists are trained to work children her age. She would benefit a great deal from individual therapy, and that may only be necessary for a short time.

If you tell me the name of the city in which you live I can give you a list of psychologists who will be able to help your granddaughter.