Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Diploma of Counselling and Transactional Analysis Counselling, Lifeline counselling, Pastoral Care.

I need help with long time depression, new anxiety, family

Customer Question

I need help with long time depression, new anxiety, family and marriage counseling. I've been through a lot of therapy and I'm on all kinds of medication but my depression is serious scary and my anxiety also scares me to death. My husband is scared. We are in emotional crisis. I'm not sure what type of doctor/therapist I need. I have insurance and would like to use it.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Karyn Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for bringing your concerns to Just Answer...and I am so sorry to hear of this constant depressive roller coast ride that you are going through..and truly feel for you as can only imagine just how distressful and scary this must be for you and your husband but be feeling ..
I have read your email very' intently and note that you mentioned that you have received much therapy and been on numerous medication in the hope that this would alleviate this horrible ongoing depressive state.
Though, there is one other method that I wonder if you have tried or not called 'EMDR' therapy...this is considered a breakthrough therapy because of its simplicity and it has been found to be highly effective for a wide range of disorders including chronic pain, phobias, depression, panic attacks, fears, eating disorders and poor self-image, stress, worry, anxiety....and many more ...EMDR is and has been for those patients who have found traditional therapy methods unsuccessful ...They have found relief and quality of life by seeking EMDR therapy instead...
It is a method found to be completely safe and simple in the care of a fully skilled and trained EMDR mental health professional..
Just in case you are interested in following this up please view website link below to find out more about this...as it has proven to be very successful in treating a number of conditions..
http://www.4therapy.com/therapy/types-therapy/emdr-eye-movement-desensitization-reprocessing-therapy-2465

I have also posted a website online directory of EMDR therapists below to help you find one nearest to you..many do take life insurance all you will need to do is ask upon making your first appointment to confirm this...

http://www.emdrtherapistnetwork.com/find-an-emdr-therapist.html

I truly do hope that this has offered you some hope and another useful option or path for you to seriously consider ...If so then please 'accept' this as it also contributes much by way of keeping this very valuable service going for you and others in the future..
Most of all please do take very special care of 'self' to at such a vulnerable time in your life..and I truly must apologise for any delay in responding to your email as it has much to do with world time difference I'm afraid and who is next available to answer..

Please know that you will' be in my thoughts to be sure..
Warmest wishes
Karyn J

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'VE ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THAT PROCESS TO HELP ALIVIATE THE SEXUAl abuse I endured as a child and that was a long time ago, like 96 or 97. You mean you don't have anything newer or better than that? I still can't get over the anger and grief but what is worse is how I damaged my two male sons that are both dying from this legathy they had to live with as such a crazy mother. No I did not abuse them in that way. Yuck
Hello, and thank you for responding and sharing with me..and I am so very sorry to hear of yo9ur suffering and enduring such trauma in your life..Truly most painful and difficult as I too know of your pain and grief..the loss of your own childhood, loss of genuine love, care and nurturing..I have been there to and to be perfectly open and honest with you the only true healing and consolation was found for me in God's care and healing..
The other thing that also helped greatly was when I became a therapist myself as it helped me to understand all my 'triggers' drivers' very clearly so that I gradually became prepared for them in time to know where feelings of deep sadness, shame, and guilt, depression where coming from..it heled me to understand myself so much more..I 'm not saying for you to take a therapists course or anything but..if you get an opportunity to take a personal growth ans self awareness course at any time then this will help you to work with and understand your 'triggers'...emotions..and roller coaster ride much more so that you know how to respond..
These feelings are all very valid because they are tied into 'PTSD' symptoms (post traumatic symptoms) that usually and sadly go hand in hand with suffering traumatic abuse...

Its from these symptoms that you are responding..in thought, behaviour,

http://ordinaryevil.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/child-sexual-abuse-and-post-traumatic-stress-disorder/

A very important thing that you need to tell yourself is that you aren't too blame and are not at fault for the abuse ...Its wasn't your fault...!!
You are the outcome of it happening and were entiltled to love, care, respect, and to be nurtured and 'protected' by those you looked up to...

I also had a son who was a mirror image of me every day....I couldn't stand me and so I caouldn't stand him...But! I bought him up the only way I know how to at the time..
and now I have placed the blame for my abuse squarely back on my abusers shoulders..This is the only true way for your healing to begin and then you will begin to forgive yourself...

God is my peace now and strength....you deserve quality of life and it can be done I am now fully recovered a surviour and you are a survivor...

Kind thoughts
Karyn
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Diploma of Counselling and Transactional Analysis Counselling, Lifeline counselling, Pastoral Care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank for you very insightful answers. It's a messy business. I'm lost and hurting so bad. I don't know how much longer I can Make it. Here's your money for your support. so sad to have to get so impersonal to feel understood
Please hang in there and there are no apologies to make because I truly understand your great pain even though this effects all of those who have suffered such horrible abuse in different ways..
You also have so much wisdom within of this I am sure and its really about tapping into this to give you the courage that you need daily to be sure..

Please know that you are punishing the 'self' and you have had more than enough of this..But instead now is a time to be 'kind to the self' and embrace your hurting sad child within each day she will feel calmed and more at peace when you do this..
Your fear will subside and healing will begin..and each day will look a little brighter and not so cloudy..
Please know my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your boys..
Be kind to self you are so deserving of this..and give yourself a chance..

Warmest wishes
Blessings
Karyn