Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

can u save a marriage when one has lost the love for anoth

can u save a marriage when one has lost the love for another
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

It is very difficult, and sometimes impossible to save a marriage if one person does not love the other anymore. It may be possible to work out an arrangement where both people can peacefully coexist, however a marriage is built on the love that people have for each other. If there is no love, then the marriage or relationship that remains will likely continue to struggle. If both people are willing to go to marriage counseling, there would certainly be reason to be optimistic. Sometimes people think they have lost the love, but it turns out that there is depression or other personal problems that have started to affect their ability to love their partner. Through counseling, it is possible to identify these problems and determine whether or not it is possible to make the marriage work. If it is possible to go to counseling together, that would likely be the best way to identify if the love is still there and if the marriage can be saved.

I certainly wish you the best and hope that I've been able to answer your question. If there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.