Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

My wife has been decieving me from the start of our marriage

My wife has been decieving me from the start of our marriage and I only found out when her friend came to stay with us at Christmas. When I ask her questions she ignores me and an argument erupts. The problem is that she wont accept that she is not wrong for decieving me for ten years. I dont know where we can go from here because there are two young children involved that my wife has pushed to one side in an attempt to go through a vague business idea which involves travelling and carrying the children in tow or leaving them with anyone who is available if I am working.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 1 year ago.

Heidi LPC :

Good evening... I hope to be of some assistance to you this evening. It sounds as if you have valid concerns about the state of your marriage and are feeling somewhat confused and powerless to resolve the situation. I am sorry that this is the case for you right now.

Heidi LPC :

I am wondering if you plan to continue with the counseling? Is your wife open to this idea? Does she seem interested in repairing the marriage, or more resigned to it staying as it is or ending it altogether? And, how do you see it in terms of your view? Is is worth saving, in your opinion?

Heidi LPC :

In cases like these, it is tough to accept that someone we thought we knew well has had a whole separate thought process going on while we trusted that we were on the same page. It is very distressing. And to not know where the relationship really stands or what the future will bring is a very tough position to be in.

Heidi LPC :

I see that you are offline; my best answer to you at this moment is to focus on you. Take the spotlight off of what she has or hasn't done, and focus on you and on what would be comforting to you. Get through tonight, and then tomorrow... one day at a time. Talk it over with those who love you and try your best to stay calm and to keep things stable for yourself and the children while you attempt to figure out where things are heading with your wife. You cannot control anyone but yourself, so take very good care of yourself right now. I will check back to see if you have anything further to share... until then, take good care of yourself!

Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience: Licensed Professional Counselor
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 1 year ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.